GRIPES

Phil Perry

129.9c/L!! What a complete, utter, and total rort!! Here are Perth fuel prices - and they'll be even cheaper tomorrow. I've been buying diesel at Costco here for the last 8 days, at 111.7c/L.

https://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/fuelwatch/pages/home.jspx

Here are the Terminal Gate Prices for ULP and diesel for the last 5 days - this is the price your servo pays, when the fuel is dropped into their tanks! Bear in mind, the historical profit margin on fuel retailing is 2 to 3 cents/litre!!

Many servos are currently making 40c to 50c a litre profit!!

https://www.aip.com.au/pricing/terminal-gate-prices

Some industry sources are tipping oil prices in some areas like Texas to go into negative pricing. It happened last year and in 2018, companies were paying people to take their byproduct natural gas. For those smaller operators, there would be a certain window where it's cheaper to pay someone to take your oil than it is to shut down and re-activate wells. West Texas Intermediate dropped below $20 in recent days.

spacey, I don't know how low fuel prices can go. They have a set floor due to production cost and hopefully a profit margin for the refiners and retailers. But I don't know what that minimum would be here in Australia. The refiners should have no problems surviving; it's mainly the small producers who suffer. The bigger multinationals can often weather the storm if they have enough cash reserves.

I guess like a lot of things, it's the middle man who gets the biggest slice of the pie.

Australia has bugger all refineries left, the newest and biggest is BP Kwinana in W.A. - and that was built in 1954!

Over 40% of our diesel comes ready-refined to Australian Standards, directly from South Korean, Japanese and Singaporean refineries.

Over 60% of our ULP also comes ready refined, mostly from Singapore. The Singapore refineries produce more refined fuels in a week than we could produce in a month.

A Gripe.

My missus can't leave the house for reasons other than COVID. She's basically been in isolation for three years, so it's up to me to do the running about. As I left this morning she said, "Bring me back something nice." After near on 40 years of marriage I knew she wasn't hoping for my swift return.

I decided to get her a nice little cake or similar, so I went to an artisan bakery. Three muffins, some choc brownie and a croissant. No variety at all. Went to the shopping centre. Nothing spectacular at Woolies, and the Vietnamese bakery has nothing the missus likes.

What ever happened to the old time cake shops who offered a variety of basic small cakes and slices, and the odd sponge for birthdays?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody Hell!

Couldn't go riding on my motorcycle for the first half of Summer because the air was too bad to breathe. Couldn't go riding on my motorcycle for the second half of Summer because it was raining. Can't go riding in this perfect Autumn weather because some country won't insist on proper food hygiene. Then it will be Winter and the Westerly winds will make it impossible to keep the bike on the road. And no refund on the compulsory Third Party insurance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In Qld we can n ow go up to 50km to fly our plane. I don't know if the 50k is a limit for the flying. Some people are whingeing that 50k is not enough if they live away from the city. It won't get me far, definitely not to my local national Park, but I doubt that there will be anyone policing how far we go in the bush. The pity is that camping in the N.P, is prohibited, all that our local park supplies is about 100 acres of grass and trees. No toilet, nor water supply. The thinking is obvious that camping involves lots of people gathering at a toilet or water point and it is too hard to differentiate between those places with facilities and those without.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does it cost $5.50 per kilo to skin frankfurts? Just bought some hot dogs at Woolies. Don frankfurts (skin on) $7-50 per kilo. Don skinless frankfurts $13-00 per kilo. I bought skin on.

Edited by Guest
  • Sad 1

In Victoria, Gestapo Kommandant Daniel Andrews says "Ve shall have no fun. You vill all stay locked up. Or Else!" They are now planning to take away the street parking lanes to create wider bike lanes, since there has been an increase in the number of cyclists since the lockdown. Might as well scrap the car.

• Like 1

RED

" Might as well scrap the car. "

Checked the Delica,s logbook today, Last page read,

2017 : two entries,

2019 six entries,

2020 Only put fuel in ONCE. ( and it's still there )

I,ve got a new hip to go travelling.

COME ON.

Six tanks of fuel for three years.

Must be super economical. LoL.

spacesailor

I just hope that all those motor vehicles will run well with that OLD fuel, that's been sitting in their tanks all this time.

Not good if you use Ethanol fuel.

TO skin a days production of sausage, will take two workers with a sharp knife./ as the machine only produces Skin On sausage. LoL

spacesailor

Reminds me of an old joke... a little not PC, but meant in good fun...

A rabbi had been collecting the foreskins from all the circumcisions he had performed and made a chic handbag out of them. He took it to a buyer at David Jones to sell. The buyer was looking at the quality, the softness and declared, as a one-off luxury design, how much? The rabbi proclaimed, "$575, and it is a good deal at that."

"What!" gasped the buyer. "$575 for that! I would have to sell it for around $1,000.. It looks good, I'll give you.. but what's so good about it to command that price?"

"Ahhh" said the rabbi, saking his finger.. "You see, stroke it three times and it turns into a suitcase..."

• Haha 2