Phones

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

I have a question. As far as I know, all the new phones have non removable batteries. What happens when the battery dies?

You can replace all phone batteries yourself however it is a bit of a pain. You can pay to get a non-replaceable battery replaced.   New legislation in the EU will require all phones to have replaceable batteries by 2027 so things are going in the right direction. 

I have been lucky lately as my still tech-savvy 90-year father inlaw replaces his phone every few years and hands me down his old but still good phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

" Specsavers " .

Always sends us reminders. ( the wife & I , by post ).

And, I have never bought specs from them , they did a couple of eye tests.

Then tried to sell me glasses. 

Turns out my eyes are 'dirty '  LoL

Had to go to a different optomatist to be told .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
Missed word
  • Confused 1

I'm on the way to sorting out the lack of VoLTE issue in regard to the 3G network closing soon. I shopped around and found a dealer on evilbay selling phones, so I bought a Samsung Galaxy S10e. It's second hand but has a two year warranty which may or may not be worth the paper it's written on. The good thing about the 'e' model it is the small size; it's basically the same size as my old S5, so it won't spend it's life trying to escape from pockets. I'll miss the old S5 physical button in the middle bottom section to wake the screen up, but this one can wake up by setting it to wake up with a double tap to the screen or when you pick it up. The other method is tapping the power button but that's like a game of hide and seek so not a viable method on this phone. To turn on VoLTE, you have to go to settings/connections/mobile networks and set it on. The only problem is that there's no mobile networks option in connection settings. I haven't put a sim card in it yet, so I assume it has to have an active sim for that setting to appear.