Banks are bastards

red750

Let's face it. Self entitled, arrogant customers can be absolute a...holes at times. I think much more so than folk working behind a counter.

I've been on both sides of the counter. Personally, I have felt the brunt of 'difficult' customers. There is a sizable cohort (male or fem) that think it is OK to tear abusively into the first person the see in a business. And a unacceptable bunch of customers who believeit is quite ok to rort/scam/rob/defraud any business whether big or small.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

They ( behind the protective counter ). 

Seem to ' find ' every obstacle ' available to them , so you can' t have " their " money,  that you deposited. 

Never ' offer ' advice to get you to a ' successful outcome .

spacesailor

Geez why do you think good people working as bank tellers have some devious plan to stop you from drawing out your money, to what end?   When my wife was a bank teller the easiest thing to do was what the customer wanted but there is a great responsibility not to give YOUR money to someone who says they are you.  The tellers behind the protective counter DO NOT MAKE THE RULES. If a withdrawal  was fraudulently made from your account you would also be whinging 

Edited by octave
  • Agree 1

It seems to me that their names tell a story of being started for reasons of independence but since then, much has been lost.

The bank of SA, for example, has since been sold to an interstate bidder and the only reason for keeping the old name is to rip off the mugs out there.

I couldn't believe it when Keating asked an interviewer " just why the Commonwealth needed a bank" when there was a campaign being run by Don Chipp  " to keep the bastards honest". Well they did save me from buying into their super scheme when they gave a $20 million golden handshake to an ex-employee. I think I was the only person to realize it could have been $2000 Million which would have been just as legal and bankrupted everybody silly enough to put their money in there.

Personally, I deal with Bendigo and what used to be the savings and loans society. When they go bad, it will be time to move.

• Informative 1