Celebrating Positives (offset of the Gripes Thread)

Jerry_Atrick

Make sure you go for a decent length of ride to get the motor thoroughly warmed up or you'll get condensation near the Generator drive. I'd add a couple of thou' to the exhaust tappet Clearence too.  and make sure the Battery doesn't over charge  The generator output is manually adjustable. Nev

• Like 1

Don't kid yourself. You feel hot . The engine is only less than 20 degrees ambient different to a cool day. That position is near the BREATHER where all the fumes end up. How Hot the heads and cylinders are doesn't matter. The WATER comes from the combustion of the hydro carbon fuel and gets down into the crankcase by Blowby which side valve motors are good at as the heat is very uneven near the exhaust port and it warps. Nev

• Informative 2

Speaking of warming the engine, there was a post on Facebook (assumed by many as by a blonde female), claiming she could only get the temperature guage of her BMW up half way and didn't know why it wouldn't go all the way. Got dozens of replies taking the Michael, like, "Check your blinker fluid", etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today........

Lovely blue skies.

Pleasant 25 degrees.

Water tanks are all full.

Nice breeze, although down the river they were getting 38kts gusts.

Trimmed a couple of pine trees - my kind of gardening. Love my chainsaw!

Now a nice cheese n crackers with a glass of red whilst watching twilight settle upon us.

No hard work, just luvin'  life!

Edited by nomadpete
post spellchuck
  • Like 1
  • Winner 2

Doesn't that depend on what the viewer enjoys 

Some people would like a ' Full HD ' OPERA. 

But , to me thats technology wasted .

Guitar music or ' Chapman stick ' is easier on the ear .

Documentaries are good .

And so the choice of the public is ?.

spacesailor

• Informative 1

Well,  I could have easily put a post in teh gripes thread. Yesterday was a crap day at  work. I was fighting politics all day and I don like doing politics... Much prefer to just get on with it. So, it was a late one in the end, and I got tp the pub jus on 9pm, right on kitchen closing time  (and it started raining!!!!). I asked if I had made it on time for a meal, so the guv'nor went to the back.. He came back, "Yeah.. she has just shut down all the appliances, but will fire them back up for you.." Raced up stairs; dropped the bags off and by the time I got down stairs with my lap top, a glass of Aussie Shiraz (I should ask him what wine it is) was on the table, cutlery laid out, and a few minutes later out came a freshly cooked burger and chips. A fantastic end to a challenging day.

Sometimes I jike it is a bit like Fawlty Towers (the rooms are, anyway), but good old individual service is a treat.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 3
  • Winner 1

We need another positive post, this thread is going off the rails again. Here's todays feel-good story - a bloke rescued a big goanna from a watery grave out front of a dam on the Vic/NSW border.

Good on him, but I think the goanna was probably just waiting for the right moment to take a dip, paddle off downstream, and then climb up on the river bank.

I do like the thoughtfulness in lowering a log for him to climb on to, though.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-08/goanna-rescue-water-weir-torrumbarry/103440868

• Like 3

10 hours ago, old man emu said:

Is that why politicians never shut up?

Have you ever heard of a politician's brain overheating?

My positive today....

I am making new doors for the caravan galley cupboards.  They had to match the old ones which were simple three ply with a picture frame edge made from pine bullnose moulding. The big green shed wants a kings ransom for similar piece of wood.

So I grabbed some left over tassie oak floorboards and ran them through a thicknesser and router. Bingo! Quality product with a bonus of great satisfaction from the achievement.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 4