TV

willedoo

Lately Channel 9 has been screening re-runs of I Dream of Jeannie. They've also got the entire series online on 9Now and I've been slowly working through them. About halfway into series one yesterday and Chuck Yeager (playing himself) made a small one-off appearance. Quite a few notable people have made guest appearances on the show. The show had 139 episodes over five seasons. I even saw Klinger from M.A.S.H. on one show, about ten years younger.

Foxtel is rerunning The Big Bang Theory for about the sixth time. They have had a lot of cameos by people playing themselves, eg. Steve Wozniak from Apple Computers, Steven Hawking, Stan Lee (comicbook writer), and I think they had Bill Gates and Elon Musk on as well.

• Informative 1

30 minutes ago, red750 said:

Foxtel is rerunning The Big Bang Theory for about the sixth time. They have had a lot of cameos by people playing themselves, eg. Steve Wozniak from Apple Computers, Steven Hawking, Stan Lee (comicbook writer), and I think they had Bill Gates and Elon Musk on as well.

Musk would fit in well with the Big Bang crew.

• 1 month later...

I'm gradually working my way through the entire series of 'I Dream of Jeannie' on 9NOW and I've noticed NASA has some incredible aeroplanes. Major Tony Nelson always takes off and lands in a F-104 Starfighter, but when he's in the air it miraculously turns into either a Thunderchief or a Super Sabre. NASA's magic plane.

• Haha 3

The reality is, if you were flying a Starfighter, you'd be wishing it would turn into anything but a Starfighter. Although that's a bit unfair considering the F-100 Super Sabre had a dismal safety record. During it's operational history, the USAF lost 889 of them to major accidents that killed 324 pilots. The worst year for F-100 accidents was 1958, which saw 116 aircraft destroyed and 47 pilots killed. All those figures don't include any combat losses in Vietnam, just accidents. It's amazing how times have changed; those numbers wouldn't be tolerated these days.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • Sad 1