The Elon Musk rorting continues ...

onetrack

Apart from the big advertisers, Xcrement has lots of dropshippers advertising. I don't mind because you get to learn of many new and handy cheap Chinese gadgets. The trick is to copy and paste the item description into EvilBay where you can buy the same thing safely for a third of the dropshipper's price.

He is a man child, that needs to be handled to be effective.
arguably the poster child for ADHD - hyper focused on one thing at a time... but always jumping between them.

SpaceX and Tesla are able to manage him effectively, they have departments to separate him from the day to day.
and special projects....
I am convinced the Cybertruck is just an Elon Plaything, only created to distract him from the rest of the Tesla range, as they keep improving them without needing to add silly features like fart noise modes.

Twitter doesn't have that separation yet

he has built a cult of personality like Jobs and Edison... and I predict after he has passed he will be seen the same as them - not a visionary but men of poor character.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...

No surprise that the learned judge ruled Elon was just a greedy prick, intent on a vast level of self-enrichment and self-entitlement - so his share options paypacket has been deemed null and void, and it looks like Elon will just have make do with a piss-weak few hundred million pay cheque, instead of the $84B he was working on.

Not to worry, he'll be scheming up some other rort soon, just as he's done since he started his PayPal rort.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/elon-musk-reacts-after-losing-70-billion-in-an-instant/news-story/a7771e4f20848172fba8ce945ab0115d

I have to chuckle though, at his snakiness now towards Delaware, as a place to do business today. But it sure suited him to manipulate his finances and tax obligations by utilising their lax corporate rules previously, though.

I'm sure he'll find some other dodgy location to carry out his business operations, moving forward, however. Some dubious place like the Cook Islands, it was a favourite of financial scumbags such as Alan Bond.

Edited by onetrack

8 hours ago, onetrack said:

No surprise that the learned judge ruled Elon was just a greedy prick, intent on a vast level of self-enrichment and self-entitlement - so his share options paypacket has been deemed null and void, and it looks like Elon will just have make do with a piss-weak few hundred million pay cheque, instead of the $84B he was working on.

Not to worry, he'll be scheming up some other rort soon, just as he's done since he started his PayPal rort.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/elon-musk-reacts-after-losing-70-billion-in-an-instant/news-story/a7771e4f20848172fba8ce945ab0115d

I have to chuckle though, at his snakiness now towards Delaware, as a place to do business today. But it sure suited him to manipulate his finances and tax obligations by utilising their lax corporate rules previously, though.

I'm sure he'll find some other dodgy location to carry out his business operations, moving forward, however. Some dubious place like the Cook Islands, it was a favourite of financial scumbags such as Alan Bond.

So I'm guessing you don't completely admire the man's business acumen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not about  rorting, but my cynical mind has looked at the wording of Elon's announcement that he has not SOLD Starlink services to russia.  To me, that means no money has changed hands. But does it mean that russia is not using it?

Also, as reported by Aljazeera...

"The Kremlin denied Ukraine’s claim that its troops were using Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite internet system for military communications in parts of Ukraine it occupies. Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the system was neither certified for use in, nor officially supplied to, Russia, and therefore could not be used."

Note "nor OFFICIALLY SUPPLIED to", which doesn't actually say it has never been 'unofficially' used.

Maybe I am reading too much between the lines, but I am not comfortable with trusting the parties involved.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

There's been plenty of public comment about the downward spiral of Twitter since Musk bought it. Rebranded as Xcrement, any useful staff have been laid off and the nutter himself seems to have a big hand in how it's now run. Apart from driving away major advertisers and letting all the dictators, racists and extremists back on the platform, they continually tweak the algorithms to make it a much less user friendly place.

Probably most people access Xcrement on their phones. I visit it regularly via a laptop and only occasionally with an Android phone. The odd thing is that Musk's Xcrement is a totally different experience for each device. With the laptop, it's business as normal. The feed suggestion 'for you' page displays the regular accounts that I show interest in or are following, plus any new suggestions are usually high quality. Advertising is at a minimum and generally good quality.

On the other hand, the phone experience is nothing short of awful and getting worse by the day. Advertising is at saturation level and most of it is low quality spam and dropshippers. As for all the accounts I either follow or show regular interest in, they keep disappearing increasingly and are replaced by a million dog and cat videos or the TikTok variety where people stage cr*p to get views and likes. The way the algorithms are now, you have to continually keep adding a like or opening the posts of the regular interest accounts or they quickly drop off the radar and get replaced with spam. It's getting almost non viable to access Xcrement on the phone as you have to spend most of the time adding likes and blocking garbage. It's odd as viewing on the laptop is a pleasant experience. They must have different algorithms for different types of devices because the viewing experience is unrecognisable from the one to the other.

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally figured out the issue with accessing Xcrement on the mobile phone as posted above. It turned out to be very simple. On the phone, because I don't use it very often for internet access, I rarely delete the browsing history and cookies. Did that and everything's fine. The cookies were no doubt throwing up all the spam in the suggestion feed. The problem wasn't encountered on the laptop as I clean it thoroughly every day, including deletion of cookies, and have Firefox privacy settings set to not keep history.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1