Who is it?

red750

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The reality is more of us than are like the cheaper end of the wine and don't age well; 

But, it isn't about maintaining a body like a greek god/goddess, or eternally youthful faces - that is largely impossible; In continental Europe anyway, the men seem to retain their shape older than the UK or Aus; and also their sense of style.. But not the god-like (in the human sense) bodies.

(BTW, it wasn't meant to be judgemental - it was purely an expression of surprise as most Hollywood celebs, esp the females, take all sorts of actions and lifestyle decisions to preserve their aesthetics; even though they end up looking like aged picked onions)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We DO expect the WOMEN to be  forever sexy while we can just be ageless and have a face with character and CLOTHES Maketh the Man is true while women are still supposed to have their "charms" on show for the Ogres to ogle... It's a little unfair in my view and GODS GIFT to women blokes make we sick especially if they are old and sweaty  and carry on as if they are Errol Flynn.. Of course no one here would be like that and I do tend to play the devils advocate and maybe too old to change.   Nev

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, facthunter said:

the devils advocate and maybe too old to change.

One of my favourite pastimes as I age... A rite of passage to being a "Grumpy Old Man" 

I was speaking to a lady who was in her 40s and lamenting how she was rapidly passing her use-by date.  Apart form the joke I couldn't resist (It's always nice to see a lady who wants to be used), I explained to her that many men, while very appreciative of the magazine model looks, often are attracted to those that would never make magazine models. Of course, coming from me, she probably thought I was a lecherous old man who was attempting to "pull" (UK for pick up a girl), but I think I did manage to convince her, in the same way she probably has an eye for men that aren't all Brad Pitts, we are the same in that our tastes are different; and that a lot of my friends, even in our younger days, found mature women quite attractive.

I am not sure if it helped or drove her to drugs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1