C'mon. Be nice you blokes.

old man emu

6 hours ago, Dax said:

I like this forum because threads can go off topic in interesting ways, but always seems to come back without any disturbance or moderation, adding quite a bit of extra knowledge to a subject.

Dax, it wouldn't have taken too long for you to figure out that thread drift is almost mandatory on this site. A bit like a rabbit hole, but sooner or later we find our way back to the start. I like this forum. There's a lot of interesting ideas and viewpoints, plus it's usually done in a polite and tolerant way. Unlike some forums where you almost need your lawyer present to make a post. This forum is vibrant without confrontation (usually) which is a big plus. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Yenn said:

I have never copped any derogatory comments here, maybe what I say is not explosive enough. Thank you all for ignoring me.

You must have a thick skin, as I have tried...

🤣

Just kidding, of course.

OME. I can only echo others words... tough job, but at the end of the day, a spirit of decency is called for.. robust debate and the odd ribbing can be done well within the bounds of a spirit of decency.

• Agree 1

Spacey, no one could ever say that you were offensive and needed some time in the Sin Bin.

What we have been talking about is indeed a serious matter, and shock horror, reflects the application of democracy on this site. Those of us who have been granted a modicum of authority over the site will always listen to members' comments and consider them in the light of what members have decided are the standards to be met when participating in discussions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1