Sacre bleu! You are navigues sur mon fleuve sans me payer? C'est intolerable!
It is time I close ze Strait of Marty. Pierre! Preparez l'avion automatique!
I agree Peter - part of a previous job was system testing changes to a large organisation's primary database before they were deployed.
For five weeks at a time we'd try to break it by doing the stupidest things humans could do to it.
After deployment, when the programmers had applied fixes to any weaknesses we'd found, inevitably some moron still managed to break it.
That's exactly the point.
Fossil fuel supporters always bring up the cost of transitioning to renewable as a reason not to do it.
Strangely, they never mention the cost of not doing it
Happy birthday USA. The founding fathers would be spinning in their graves to see the greedy, petulant, vindictive, mean and petty man-child the people have elected.
I just don't get the whole concept, obviously.
To create a bike out of bits, as an engineering challenge - yes, I can see that.
But to take a bike in good condition, like I assume that FB one was (and I could be wrong) and make it less comfortable and kind of ugly... I don't get that.
Mind you I don't get modern art or discordant music either, so I'm happy to concede it's just that I have something missing, aesthetically.
English is not actually a static language either.
If you don't believe me, try listening to a group of 13yo's talking and see how much you understand...
Looks like the power companies are changing their billing - increasing the fixed daily charges while dropping (in some cases) the kWh rate.
Wonder if this is driven by the uptake of home batteries - they're losing money from the supply of power so they're charging more to stay connected to the grid?
Australia politics live: energy minister asks regulator to investigate big jump in power companies’ supply fees https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2026/jun/24/australia-politics-live-war-memorial-tax-reform-greens-labor-deal-ndis-review-coalition-question-time-anthony-albanese-angus-taylor-ntwnfb?CMP=share_btn_url
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2026-06-24/why-power-bill-may-rise-despite-lower-default-market-offer/106830428
I saw a woman protesting something Dubya had done, holding a sign saying "Bush is another word for 'c**t' ".
Wonder what that makes the meaning of "Trump"?
Good. The sooner he blows a fuse the better.
A visibly insane Trump is probably the only thing that would get the politically lethargic US voters to kick him and the Republicans out. I don't think even the useless lackeys he's surrounded himself with would follow his orders if he told them to nuke Germany or something.
I think Meloni (who is not a particularly nice person herself) has made the political calculation that in most of the world, including Italy, it's more palatable with the voters to stand up to Trump rather than lick his arse.
This is good, because if even right wing politicians realise this, then centrists and left leaning ones should definitely realise it.
I think the clown is going to find out that he's not going to get a lot of respect or time from other world leaders any more.
In the continued saga of everything Trump touches turns to shit, his plan to paint the Lincoln reflecting pool a more patriotic shade of blue has worked about as well as his Operation Epic Fury (maybe should be renamed "Epic Fuckup").
When they put the water back in, algae turned it green. Then when they used chemicals to kill the algae (no doubt under a lot of pressure from the Trump administration), it peeled up the $14m blue paint.
Of course the retard-in-chief is blaming "vandalism" as the cause, nothing to do with giving a $14m project to someone who painted a mate's pool once.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/jun/20/trump-reflecting-pool-renovation-vandalism