Illegal Immigrants ? ? ? ? ?

Phil Perry

Here's a different slant on immigration:

In recent conversation with a Vietnam vet, I asked if he and his mates had ever been back to the battlefield.

He described how former Vietcong are often marginalised in their own country, even beggars on the street.

They befriended one former enemy and brought him to Australia. I'd love the ABC to do an Australian Story about that.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like a good robust discussion! I'm loving it!

In relation to shooting intruders, that's up to you, just be ready to deal with the consequences. Personally I keep my rifle in a gun safe so it'd be no good in a life or death situation. But as Turboplanner pointed out, there's far more chance of yourself or a loved one being killed accidentally than ever needing to use the gun to save yourself or them. Especially if the gun isn't locked up safely.

All macho bullsh*t aside, I think that anyone prepared to do an armed robbery on an occupied residence is probably going to be more aggressive, more used to violence and more prepared to use it than I am. If you're an ex-soldier or trained in some way, go for it. I'm not. Sure if my family is threatened I would attack, but if not, they can take what they want and I'll get the insurance. Possessions don't mean sh*t compared to life.

Crikey Win. Amazing numbers. They have an epidemic on their hands. Not a good role model for us.

One bit of advice derived from police training re carrying a weapon for self defence: if you carry a weapon be prepared to use it before your attacker takes it from you and uses it against you. How many of us have the skills and fitness to do that and be able to live with the consequences?

This is the sort of underhanded doggery our governments are able to pull...it's easy if the majority of the voting public are easily distracted by bogus hoards of Refugees carrying disease...

First they came for the Muslims, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim...

And then they came for me, and their was no one left to speak for me....

I think our governments are playing false flags by encouraging this extreme dogma...and well the people are distracted...BAM.

These QLD Vlad laws should horrify us all...

Amazing numbers. They have an epidemic on their hands. Not a good role model for us.

Yes it's not pretty, breaking the numbers down to the ethnic groups tells a lot. Most of the US shootings are gang related & predominantly black on black (blacks are 12.5% of the US population). Apparently a lot of this is also related to family breakdown (which in turn is largely due to easy availability of welfare and general moral decline). Around 72% of young US blacks are born to unmarried parents and most live without their fathers and 70% of gun crime in NY is by blacks for example. Young black men murder at 14 times the rate of young white men. That isn't to say the whites, Asians etc are crime free but this group is completely distorting the whole crime statistic in the US.

So it starts with a harmless (but perhaps politically incorrect) joke based in the UK. Quickly progressed to immigration, policy, politics, and even a little history, followed by a little sledging, more "think of the children", through to what is really wrong with this country. Then came firearms, self-defence, and a bit more ethnic debate. Of everything that has been said, this is probably the most informed statement of the thread:

On the bright side, Jabiru is being left alone!!!

I'd count that as a win for Jabiru on an aviation forum!

Phil, if you can't sleep, try reading the bible.

Good suggestion FT,. . .

But I already did that. . . . .I finished off re-reading Ezekiel's eye witness news account of the intergalactic vessel landing nearby, the old "wheel within a wheel" story. . . . I'm still not sure whether he was watching a Klingon, or an early Vulcan ship landing. . . I finished Jeremy Clarkson's latest book as well,. . .so got nothing to read in the wee small quiet hours but the very cutting edge and most intelligently populated "Forum Fantastic"

Yes it's not pretty, breaking the numbers down to the ethnic groups tells a lot. Most of the US shootings are gang related & predominantly black on black (blacks are 12.5% of the US population). Apparently a lot of this is also related to family breakdown (which in turn is largely due to easy availability of welfare and general moral decline). Around 72% of young US blacks are born to unmarried parents and most live without their fathers and 70% of gun crime in NY is by blacks for example. Young black men murder at 14 times the rate of young white men. That isn't to say the whites, Asians etc are crime free but this group is completely distorting the whole crime statistic in the US.

both interesting and sad,,,,we're given the impression the cops are shooting people in the line of duty all the time ( Hollywood???) the reality is very low,,,mmm surprising. Otherwise I find it sad for the American blacks after fighting so hard in the 50-60's for equality to see the generations going backwards . As for guns in our country I'd heard that there are now more guns here than before John Howard's buy back , the rules are a lot tighter now so I guess it has worked in one respect ,although it hasn't changed the criminal element of gun possession .

I've hear a heap of whining about the bikie laws in QLD with all the sorrowful stories of "innocents " being locked up , my question is this, what would the whiners do different ?,the bikie scene has had a pretty free run really ,and if they'd continued to stay under the radar it probably would've continued but brawls, driveby shootings and gunfights in public ,what the hell , and now the hammer has dropped hard it's all the bad Orwellian government, what would you do differently ? How would you pull these bastards into line? I've seen their bullsh1t first hand , I've seen friends hurt by them, I've been in their sights a couple of times, so what would the do gooders propose,,,,head in the sand, perhaps try to broker areas so they all play nice( along the lines of that watermelon idiot suggesting we take over the loading of boats in Indonesia ) . Bottom line, if you hang around criminals you'll get done,,,if it's family that's involved in criminal activities you have to decide ,

I've nothing against the bikies per se, they used to be relatively well behaved and ironically filled a need that, if not provided by someone would just result in problems arising from other directions. For example, as a very pro-active police detective once said to me, if you stop the marijuana trade you'll just end up with a bigger speed or heroin problem. And I have had a lot of co-incidental contact with many bikies/OMC group members because I live on the Gold Coast and I work in the Construction Industry, more specifically the Structural Steel industry and many bikies are very skilled boilermakers. As with any group sampling, the majority of the bikies I have known are as good as, or no worse than, a sampling of people from other walks of life. The OMC gangs however, do have a small but particularly undesirable content that the other samplings usually don't have.

As I said, that's how they used to be, and for a very long time Queensland has had a probably too laid back and tolerant approach since Qld likes to be seen as a relaxed place to live and visit. Over time this has resulted in the harder core of the OMCs from other States and overseas moving in and that is what the present hard reaction is all about. I think you can be sure that there is a lot more known but not promulgated to the general public, about the presence of particularly undesirable elements in Qld in recent times. As far as I'm concerned the authorities have my blessing, when the bikies kept their 'business' among themselves I was quite happy to live and let live but when I take my family out and about to the shops, restaurants, concerts or shows I want to be sure we're not going to be caught up in a gang war. Exactly that happened to me while I was in Broome, of all places, and it has become a far too regular occurrence on the Gold Coast so it had to be stopped. There's no point in half stopping it or it'll be festering again in no time at all.

I am no fan of bikies, my problem is with the new laws. There are already laws to deal with criminals, use them. The govt continue to tell us that if you're not a outlaw bikie, you won't have anything to worry about. This is crap, there have been a number of people so far on record as getting unnecessary police attention, despite not being bikies. Anyone who has lived in QLD for some years, will know that our police (generally speaking) cannot be trusted to use discretion, and that they will use these laws against anyone that they don't see eye to eye with. Our premier can tell us we should trust them to do it right, experience tells me, that a lot of them are no better than the bikies that they're at "war" with. Just 2 different groups of thugs, one has the advantage of the premier backing them.

When criminal gangs get smart enough to wear pin striped suits, drive Volvo's and own florist shops, maybe then, people will realise just how wrong the laws are, when they insist we outlaw pinstripe suit wearing Volvo drivers from owning florist shops. It's ok just trust us.

Last count 18 bikies in jail, they spent $890K advertising bikie laws. Its been a good stunt for the LNP when they where selling off $2.5B worth of QLD Rail stock, which in turn lead to 1000 sacked. No one has been prosecuted by these laws yet, so this might end up in a large compensation payout to the bikies.

Mick, that means someone made a special trip to the newsagent at the airport to buy you that book.

What it means is my wife bought half a dozen or so of his books in a bulk lot on eBay, and I found them good reading. What I've found, is that the ones who carry on the most about Clarkson (negatively), are the ones too stupid to realize that it is all tongue in cheek, they take him too seriously.

Last count 18 bikies in jail, they spent $890K advertising bikie laws. Its been a good stunt for the LNP when they where selling off $2.5B worth of QLD Rail stock, which in turn lead to 1000 sacked. No one has been prosecuted by these laws yet, so this might end up in a large compensation payout to the bikies.

Yes there are quite a few that believe that the new laws will not stand up in higher courts, that's one of the reasons the magistrates are making noises about it as well. Can do thinks he can tell the magistrates and judges to do unlawful things and it will all be ok, but it won't.

What it means is my wife bought half a dozen or so of his books in a bulk lot on eBay, and I found them good reading. What I've found, is that the ones who carry on the most about Clarkson (negatively), are the ones too stupid to realize that it is all tongue in cheek, they take him too seriously.

In cultural terms, Clarkson is a dog whistler. Whenever one of his new projects, book, DVD or TV show is lacking buzz in the media, he presses the same old buttons.