Truisms.

Phil Perry

My bad, "sensible generally progressive person" then... I know everyone's different and labels don't really help. Whatever you are, your country needs you!

the Use of 'Progressive' and 'Sensible in the same sentence here in the UK is an oxymoron Marty.

I recall an Egyptian fellow who was being interviewed saying he left the USA because you could do anything you wanted to there.. That was about 12 years ago though. Now it seems to apply to one person only. The President.. and some holding assault weapons for short periods)..

Of course Egypt has gone downhill a lot I think, since and probably will go further in that direction,. along with most of the Middle East. Nev

Did Egypt and all those other places go downhill because of the people who left and came here?

You’re on to something, Yenn.

It’s pretty clear that immigrants accepted into Australia tend to come from the better-educated end of the spectrum. We do pick and choose and have benefitted enormously from the talent and enterprise of our new people. That is their home-countries’ loss. The brain drain must make a big impact on them.

It's a bit grim to steal qualified people from 3rd world countries instead of doing the right thing and training our own kids for those jobs. They will accept lower pay just to come here, and fear being deported so don't make a fuss. Look at the 7 eleven chain and others as well as the business Colleges that are going like crazy with a path to citizenship as part of it. I think that is a part of their thinking. Tony said the 457 Visa is the basis of HIS immigration policy there's another number used now. nev

It's a bit grim to steal qualified people from 3rd world countries instead of doing the right thing and training our own kids for those jobs. They will accept lower pay just to come here, and fear being deported so don't make a fuss. Look at the 7 eleven chain and others as well as the business Colleges that are going like crazy with a path to citizenship as part of it. I think that is a part of their thinking. Tony said the 457 Visa is the basis of HIS immigration policy there's another number used now. nev

No surprise which side of politics cuts funding to education and training and allows lots of overseas workers in to fill the resulting skills shortage.

As you say, fear of losing their visa keeps labour costs rock bottom.

They save money by poaching trained workers from other countries (often poor countries with more need of these workers) instead of spending money on our own young people.

All this from the party that claims to be the better managers of our economy.

Claims is the word. The economy is not that "GOOD" at the moment so it's all BS.. It WAS not as presented to the voters at the election and the Parliament is yet to sit.to have questions asked. The reserve bank predicts another fall in a short time to record and totally off the Chart LOW rates. Next move also flagged is to Quantitative easing Printing Money. This from the best money managers money can buy.. Nev

The campaign could hardly be called sophisticated. The reason LNP won was because not enough people voted for independents and Labor was as usual completely useless in countering the LNP bull****.

The campaign could hardly be called sophisticated. The reason LNP won was because not enough people voted for independents and Labor was as usual completely useless in countering the LNP bull****.

How can Labor ever hope to counter the misinformation and outright lies printed in the Murdoch media, which has pretty much a monopoly across much of Qld?