Hospital wait times

Bruce

Take any stereotypical characteristic you like, and I do not fit that characteristic. I'm the most boring person you ever came across.

Don't drink, don't smoke, don't have tattoos, haven't played sport since school, haven't been to a footy game this century, my only drugs are prescribed medications, celebate for more than 15 years. (too much information), haven't been to a cinema this century. Yes, I have attended a few concerts - Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, John Fogarty, etc.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take any stereotypical characteristic you like, and I do not fit that characteristic. I'm the most boring person you ever came across.Don't drink, don't smoke, don't have tattoos, haven't played sport since school, haven't been to a footy game this century, my only drugs are prescribed medications, celebate for more than 15 years. (too much information), haven't been to a cinema this century. Yes, I have attended a few concerts - Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, John Fogarty, etc.

You are a typical Australian, by that I mean unpredictable and unique.

Average Aussie bloke has lots of opinions he shares with his mates but never when there’s is a woman around. He drinks too much, is overweight, doesn’t exercise, hates bicycles, does what his missus tells him. Or maybe that’s just me. He can’t land properly either.

EVER see a musician do Manual-labour,

FOR that mater EVER see a plumber "Wipe a lead joint".

EVER see a TV repair-man "solder" a PC board.

The list of Multi talented people is diminishing VERY quickly.

Mended a punctured tyre lately, (with a patch), most people can't/won't use tyre-irons, Those dainty pinkies.

spacesailor

You only have to look at how big they are to see why asians are not as fast as negros. Don't tell me that size is determined by cultural stuff.

As for typical Australians, how can you have such a person when they are so many born overseas?

[

You only have to look at how big they are to see why asians are not as fast as negros. Don't tell me that size is determined by cultural stuff.As for typical Australians, how can you have such a person when they are so many born overseas?

I thought "they" came in more than 1 size

You only have to look at how big they are to see why asians are not as fast as negros. Don't tell me that size is determined by cultural stuff.As for typical Australians, how can you have such a person when they are so many born overseas?

So you reject the notion of a typical Australian because we are born in many places and I would agree. Asia covers many countries and cultures, it is very broad term which could include a Japanes business man or a Cambodian villager.

Octave, you are avoiding the fact that the average height of many tribes of Africans is greater than the average height of any asians, Cambodians included.

Mind you, it is a real good point you made about how knowing about different racial characteristics is of no practical use. For example, you select a basketball team on their heights, not on their ethnicity. It is only afterwards somebody notices that they are mainly negros and no asians.

Octave, you are avoiding the fact that the average height of many tribes of Africans is greater than the average height of any asians, Cambodians included.Mind you, it is a real good point you made about how knowing about different racial characteristics is of no practical use. For example, you select a basketball team on their heights, not on their ethnicity. It is only afterwards somebody notices that they are mainly negros and no asians.

The reasons are many. Do Australians have natural ability when it comes or surfing or do they have more access to the beach? Of course differrent ethnicities may statisticsl tendencies to different physical charactoristics. It is not as if there are no tall asians or short africans. By the way do marathon runners need tp be tall?

As we are all alike in most ways we exaggerate the differences to discriminate and stereotype. CLASS is now MONEY. That's one of the most obscene stereotypes and guess who advances it? The poor, just admitting the facts?. No, have another guess. The richer inventing the facts.? You are getting warmer but aren't we all?. Nev

From the Cambridge Dictionary.....

Quote:

"stereotype

noun [ C ]

uk /disapproving

1: a set idea that people have about what someone or something is like, especially an idea that is wrong:

racial/sexual stereotypes

'He doesn't conform to/fit/fill the national stereotype of a Frenchman.' "

However I look at it, stereotypes are not a great lot of use.

Anyway, I just remembered, this thread is "Hospital Wait Times."

Sorry folks.

I'll go back under my rock.

"I'll go back under my rock."

NO !

Stay & entertain Me.

ITS

You or a pain killer tablet.

I can sit reasonably comfy or go & get the "Tramel SR50" then a laxative. or "endone" also followed by a laxative,

It's enough to give a man the sheets.

I don't know pain if the is increasing or if I'm getting adjusted to the tablets.

spacesailor

I just got fed up with all those unfinished jobs around the house, my back wasn't hurting too much, so got on my bike and headed down the highway to blow a few cobwebs out of my head. There's no problem so big that you can't run away from it (temporarily anyway).

Felt great for at least a minute. Then a European wasp went down my sleeve. It stung me repeatedly before I got off the road and evicted it. Bloody illegal migrants! Nothing but trouble!

The bigger disabled my throttle hand! How bad is that! Really spoiled my day. Its a pity because we don't get that many nice sunny days in Tassie.

The imported wasps are in plague proportions down here at the moment.

Anyway, after that I zipped my jacket right up to the top. It would have been worse if it stung me on the throat.

Nah, no sympathy from me! After I did a roadside strip, I cast the little intruder onto the pavement and got some small measure of satisfaction hearing it crush under my heel.

If it was having such a nice flight why didn't it look where it was going. For all I know it probably was the sort of flyer that ends up stuck in a Ferris wheel!

Don't be like my old Auntie Pat, Space. She paid for private medical all her life, but when she became too sick to be profitable for them, they dumped her on the public system.

As for me, I don't want to give my life savings to the medical profession when the time comes. I have yet to see a happy outcome from an old person with a serious medical problem, and the sooner they have died, the better off they were.

I'm open to suggestions....