Victorian election

willedoo

And it's no good saying you belong to the aircraft religion or something like that. You need to have a supernatural powerful spirit and some sort of organized rituals to praise this spirit. Not kidding, you can look up the tax laws.

Bruce, I wonder how the Pastafarians would go. Maybe they don't have an organized financial structure. In New Zealand, weddings performed by Pastafarian ministers are now legally recognized. And I wonder if they call the ministers pastas.

The Pastafarians have some odd beliefs, but if you look at the bible in a non religious, analytical way, the Christian story is just as bizzare.

God made the world in 6 days then had Sunday off. That takes a lot of power and skill to do that. But why six days? Was he busy making dirt, trees and rocks, and logistically it just takes a few days, even for a god? I would have thought if he had that power, it would be done in one big bang with a wave of the wand. Then he made Adam and Eve and some animals, fruit trees etc.. That's odd, he's just made a planet in six days, so why just make two humans. Why not make thousands of them to hurry the begatting along a bit. It would be a relatively easy task after making a world in a week. The odd thing is, he can make a planet, but can't stop kids getting cancer.

If there is an afterlife, my bet is that it's the same whether you wear a cross around your neck or a colander on your head. The same whether whether you are a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or believe in the planet maker.

None of them should be bludging on us to carry the can and pay their way. Tax them all, I say. Churches benefit from tax funded infrastructure and services, so they should pay their share.

PS: if you don't hear from me again, I've been struck down by lightning.

One is one too many. People are genuinely scared. But not going out at night means the thugs win. Many people I know are fed up with the lenient treatment being handed out. Slap on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf. Social media is full of complaints. Many shop keepers are giving up and getting out after being robbed 3 or 4 times, often by the same gangs. And how many of those caught plead "I have a mental illness."?

Victoria was always known as the murder state, even before the Morans turned up. Searching for the mote while ignoring the log helps out no-one.

The 7 days of the week come from the 7 heavenly bodies known to the first civilization. Mercury, Venus, sun, moon, mars, jupiter and Saturn.

To this day, we have Sunday, Moonday and Saturnday. If those pesky vikings had not jumped in with TiwsDay, Wodensday , Thorsday and Freyaday then we would still have them properly named.

Well at least there is a female up there, Freya. Better than that misogynistic middle-east lot with their all-male trinity huh.

If you click on the individual states on this graph you can compare homicides by state. It seems that the Northern Territory is the highest and The ACT is the lowest. Victoria and SA are quite low.

Trends in homicide, 1980-90 to 2013-14 | Crime Statistics Australia

Octave, Octave. The application of verifiable facts will always be trumped by scare-mongering from a desperate LNP election campaign, supported by the Murdoch press.

I've worked out why we fall short of the glory of god. INBREEDING. From a base of only two people what would you expect? Also there was a bit of" keep it in the family" in the early days of the Abrahamics adding to the effect.. "Days" are just epoch's or periods, so I wouldn't get too worked up about the small time, probably an error of translation as is the word for Virgin and young girl. which was the one word. Nev

LNP don't have a monopoly on scare tactics.

No, but they do love hitting the "law and order" button when they're not hitting the "stop the boats" one.

Labor at least had something valid to scare people about, elements in the LNP would happily privatise Medicare and the rest of the public service for that matter.

It is only with homicide that you get an idea about the territory. I was there when the deal was that it was no good ringing the police to complain about indigenous crime. This sure would make the crime statistics show very little indigenous crime huh.