Quickies part 2

red750

One thing I've noticed recently as I walk around shopping centre carparks is that Australians seem to have abandoned the habit of spitting chewing gum onto the ground so that it can stick to the next bloke's thongs.

I wonder if Young People have not taken up the chewing of gum.

Further to the discussion of hot cross buns, a segment on Sunrise this morning showed a female truckie with a breath testing machine. She blew into the machine and showed it registered 0.000. Then she took one bite of a hot cross bun, ate it, blew the test again, and registered 0.018. So don't eat hot cross buns then drive!

Any one tested the Chrissy CAKE or Pudding,Both could have alcohol in them.

I know the old puddings had a lot of booze years ago

spacesailor

My wife's chrissy cake sure does. She made 8 small cakes for gifts (small still being 1.2kg) and used a full bottle of brandy.

Mark Ridley, of Breathalyser, explains why.

“Ingesting food which has started to ferment, the raisins and fruit inside the buns, what it’s doing is creating mouth alcohol,” Mr Ridley said. Orange juice, mouth wash and breakfast drink UP&GO can have the same results.

Alcohol that has just been ingested into the mouth through the lips will be present in the mouth for approximately 15 minutes before it either evaporates and is expelled on the breath, or is absorbed through the skin of the mouth cavity. That is why police at RBT sites will ask if you have consumed any alcohol withing the previous 15 minutes, and if you have, will hold you for about that long before conducting a roadside screening test (blow in the bag).

You have to be careful on Sunday mornings if you use mouthwash and then jump in your car to go get the Sunday papers. (Does anyone do that anymore?). The alcohol in the mouthwash will blow the Rs out of the breath test bag, although if you haven't been drinking, a breath analysis on an approved machine will return a negative result. It just means that your trip to the newsagent will take about an hour longer than usual, and you will be stressed out for the rest of the day.

An Afghan, an Albanian, an Algerian, an American, an Andorran, an Angolan, an Antiguan, an Argentine, an Armenian, an Australian, an Austrian, an Azerbaijani, a Bahamian, a Bahraini, a Bangladeshi, a Barbadian, a Barbudans, a Batswanan, a Belarusian, a Belgian, a Belizean, a Beninese, a Bhutanese, a Bolivian, a Bosnian, a Brazilian, a Brit, a Bruneian, a Bulgarian, a Burkinabe, a Burmese, a Burundian, a Cambodian, a Cameroonian, a Canadian, a Cape Verdean, a Central African, a Chadian, a Chilean, a Chinese, a Colombian, a Comoran, a Congolese, a Costa Rican, a Croatian, a Cuban, a Cypriot, a Czech, a Dane, a Djibouti, a Dominican, a Dutchman, an East Timorese, an Ecuadorean, an Egyptian, an Emirian, an Equatorial Guinean, an Eritrean, an Estonian, an Ethiopian, a Fijian, a Filipino, a Finn, a Frenchman, a Gabonese, a Gambian, a Georgian, a German, a Ghanaian, a Greek, a Grenadian, a Guatemalan, a Guinea-Bissauan, a Guinean, a Guyanese, a Haitian, a Herzegovinian, a Honduran, a Hungarian, an I-Kiribati, an Icelander, an Indian, an Indonesian, an Iranian, an Iraqi, an Irishman, an Israeli, an Italian, an Ivorian, a Jamaican, a Japanese, a Jordanian, a Kazakhstani, a Kenyan, a Kittian and Nevisian, a Kuwaiti, a Kyrgyz, a Laotian, a Latvian, a Lebanese, a Liberian, a Libyan, a Liechtensteiner, a Lithuanian, a Luxembourger, a Macedonian, a Malagasy, a Malawian, a Malaysian, a Maldivan, a Malian, a Maltese, a Marshallese, a Mauritanian, a Mauritian, a Mexican, a Micronesian, a Moldovan, a Monacan, a Mongolian, a Moroccan, a Mosotho, a Motswana, a Mozambican, a Namibian, a Nauruan, a Nepalese, a New Zealander, a Nicaraguan, a Nigerian, a Nigerien, a North Korean, a Northern Irishman, a Norwegian, an Omani, a Pakistani, a Palauan, a Palestinian, a Panamanian, a Papua New Guinean, a Paraguayan, a Peruvian, a Pole, a Portuguese, a Qatari, a Romanian, a Russian, a Rwandan, a Saint Lucian, a Salvadoran, a Samoan, a San Marinese, a Sao Tomean, a Saudi, a Scottish, a Senegalese, a Serbian, a Seychellois, a Sierra Leonean, a Singaporean, a Slovakian, a Slovenian, a Solomon Islander, a Somali, a South African, a South Korean, a Spaniard, a Sri Lankan, a Sudanese, a Surinamer, a Swazi, a Swede, a Swiss, a Syrian, a Tajik, a Tanzanian, a Togolese, a Tongan, a Trinidadian or Tobagonian, a Tunisian, a Turk, a Tuvaluan, a Ugandan, a Ukrainian, a Uruguayan, a Uzbekistani, a Venezuelan, a Vietnamese, a Welshman, a Yemenite, a Zambian and a Zimbabwean . . .

All go to a nightclub . . .

The doorman stops them and says. . . .

Sorry, . . . .

I can’t let you in without a Thai.

was always a dreamer when I was a kid.

I told my mum I was going to make a bike out of spaghetti, She told me not to be stupid. . .

you should have seen her face when I rode straight pasta.

What, like a Penne Farthing ?