Transgenders in AFLW

Jerry_Atrick

On 24/07/2021 at 9:13 PM, Marty_d said:

Let's face it, in the majority of aspects of life, whether it be work, teaching, child care, cooking, cleaning, relaxing, drinking - one of the least important things is what equipment you have between your legs.

Marty, that's a brave thing to say. There's be thousands of feminists worldwide, who would have your nuts for making such a discriminatory claim.

• Haha 2

Although true, I did had to laugh at that one, Nomad.

BTW, Kev is right - transgener is a complex issue, as are many "anbornal" (in the sense of not occuring in the majority of the population) behaviours.

The context of the thread is what is, for the male gender, a large and athletic natural born man wanting to play AFLW because he is now a she but still carries a considerable physical advantage bestowed upon him, now her, as a natural born male with attributes that even a natural born female disproprotionately large and athletic would struggle to obtain (without drugs).

The question is whether this is an unfair advantage to him, now her (although women, I found out from the size 5 rolling pin amply applied to my cranium by my better half when I used the term She in the context of a male --> female trans, don't like themusing the female collective nouns - so I guess shiela is out, too).

I habitually refuse to follow the olympics, but I am told the NZ trans weightlfter, in order to be able to qualify to compete, had to have below a certain level of testosterone in his or her body at the time of the competition. I am not sure how valid this would be, as an oestrogen fix before the game would probably dilute the testosterone level at the time, but would hardly impact body and importantly, muscle mass. But that is pure conjecture on my part.

I suppose Marty is right in alluding to the question that if they trans were puny, would it be an issue? Maybe; maybe not... .

The point is, if you're a 5'2", 50kg person who was  born with a willy but transitioned to female, DNA may indeed class you as male (although I don't know whether it does or not), but would you make them use the men's toilets and play AFL in the men's league?

Think DNA does determine male and female, that's how they can tell whether an ancient human bone is male or female. They have different X and Y chromosome combinations, which doesn't change with hormones, or operations, so they'd always be genetically male I would think. Unless they've invented a way to change our DNA and chromosome makeup to something else after birth.

Conception determines our DNA and chromosome makeup, then we evolve according to that don't we. Of course there are chemical interventions that can and do alter that process, most avoidable. Those same chemicals may also alter brain development, crossing a few wires or not connecting some and so we get these aberrations of humanity. Not their fault and most are genuine in their beliefs, but those wishing to take on a sport against women, are still biological men. They stop taking their hormone and suppression medications and they return to being fully men, they have noy changed, just medicated to give a false impression.

If some men want to wear women's clothes to feel happy, that's cool, people should be allowed to believe and express themselves as they want, but not at the expense or inconvenience to others.

Edited by Dax
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Marty_d said:

The point is, if you're a 5'2", 50kg person who was  born with a willy but transitioned to female, DNA may indeed class you as male (although I don't know whether it does or not), but would you make them use the men's toilets and play AFL in the men's league?

I suppose it depends on whether they have had the chop or not (or, when going the other way, swapped the top two appendages of the one down below)...

Many of us have physical issues that preclude us from doing what we would like. I applied to be a pilot in the RAAF; got to the eye test and even though I didn't wear glasses at the time, was told best I could hope for was a weapons officer.. Although today, I regret not doing it, it is a physical characteristic that prevented me from achieving a dream.  An entirely man made rule, that doesn't apply to many other air forces around the world (in fact, I was invited to try for a pilot role at the RAF in my early 30s, but then another physical impediment stopped that - being acutely afraid of the partner's size 5 rolling pin 😉 and the massive drop in salary at the time. Again, in some ways, another regret.

So, maybe, the answer is a TG class of sports.. There may not be the numbers now because it is hard for TGs to play sports competitively because to the real or percevied bioligical fairness issues - if a league/comp  is created specifically for TGs, maybe more will come out and play sport...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just how big is this fear-inducing, rolling-pin-carrying wife?? I mean to say, my better half is 10cms taller than me, is around 18kgs heavier, and I ain't afraid of her, no sirree.......... well, not until she sits on me, and then it's game over....... :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

I wish they would use objective tests more for job selection. For example, who would want a fire "person" who was too weak to carry an unconscious person from a fire?

So I say, use a practical test, like running with a bag of wheat. Now of course more men would pass this test , but so what? Some women would pass, and some men would fail it.

But where the opposite happens, like with the women's AFL, I have to admit to amusement at the bleeding hearts being stymied by their own nonsense, and therefore letting men play in that league.

Years ago, the Spanish team which won the disabled olympic basketball showed no signs of physical disabilities. It turned out that they all got a signed form from the same psychiatrist to say that they had mental health disabilities.

• Informative 1