green power solar is

storchy neil

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like our gas all the good prices go to overseas where most of the profits do too. Their last concern is for the people who live HERE. Nev

I guess if the locals under value an asset (sunshine) and dont wish to use it we may as well sell it to someone who will value it. Perhaps when the crusty old conservatives see another country bennifiting from our resource they may just start to think perhaps we should be exploitint it more.

The Rotten Government have done the pensioners over again by give Deaming rate cuts to "superanueants" with with assets .

The second class pensioner is living hand to mouth, so have No assets to get interest from anywhere.

"The rates for a full Age Pension for Australian residents for the period 20 March 2019 to 19 September 2019 are Single: $926.20 per fortnight (approximately $24,081 per year) .

spacesailor

The Rotten Government have done the pensioners over again by give Deaming rate cuts to "superanueants" with with assets .

The second class pensioner is living hand to mouth, so have No assets to get interest from anywhere.

"The rates for a full Age Pension for Australian residents for the period 20 March 2019 to 19 September 2019 are Single: $926.20 per fortnight (approximately $24,081 per year) .

spacesailor

Not sure what this has to do with exporting solar power????...

A friend just had his 75th birthday. He is a winemaker and we tasted every vintage from 1998 to 2017. All Shiraz. It is amazing how it varies from year to year. All good, he is a very good winemaker. Some guests tasted and spat, I gave it the respect it deserved.

• 5 months later...

Earlier in the week a friend was telling me he's very happy with his solar panels feeding into the grid. This is his first year with them and he's calculated to break even on the $10,000 cost in 3.5 years. He'd just received his latest bill and thanks to the recent hot, dry and cloudless days, the power company paid him well over $400 for the billing period. I'd guess the $10,000 is the cost to him after taking the subsidy into account.

Well, we have a modest solar PV system, and we don't get any grand feedin tariff but most of our bills have been very very small. I'm estimating break even (worst case) at seven years. Even without allowing for power prices going up (which they will) .

The panels are guaranteed to have at least 80% of rated power for 25 years. To me that's a positive economic prospect.

If anyone is not getting a decent reduction in their power bills, they need to get someone in to work out why.

Installed our system 7 yrs ago on 54c we have integrated full aircon at home dec jan feb are the only months we dont get a cheque but dont pay a cent last quarter payment was 900 dollars before that 1100(we have a large system that we installed ourself bought all panels and recently upgraded our inverter to a 6.4)sparky did all wiring and paperwork.it paid for itself  in 3 years