Are there any Creationists out there?

Bruce

Bugger, I was wrong about it ( Advance Australia Fair ) being written by a stupid suburban lady....  It was written by a stupid suburban guy!

Well he certainly knew nothing about soils and agriculture and carrying capacity. He may well  have doomed the next generations to a terrible fate. Mind you, they have to stupidly believe the same nonsense so maybe they will deserve it.

• Informative 1

• 4 months later...
On 21/09/2022 at 8:50 AM, Bruce Tuncks said:

How can they sing " god save the king" with a straight face?

Do they realize they are calling for some imaginary magic man in the sky to assist their pack-leader in his battles?

They are two very different anthems. With the old one, we used to ask god for a bit of a favour to help out the old Queen with a few things. With the new one, we brag about our home.

• Like 2

Sadly, the media plays a very important part of shaping the attitudes and behaviour of a population. Sadly, aty least when I was last in Aus, anything outside ABC or the UK Channel of Foxtel (irony?) seemed supoerficial, pverly sensationalistic, and for entertainment, seemed to rely on cxheap US imports. On returning to Aus from 5 years in the UK, so having time to see the picture from outside the frame, the influence was quite obvious.

I recall listening to Triple-M on the way home from work (yes, I used to drive to work - parking was ridiculously cheap for early birds) and at about 5:30 the presenters were graphically describing an act of bestiality.. to the point it was somewhat stomach churning. When I mentioned this at work the next day, everyone responded, "well, we're all adults, aren't we!!" Well, yes we are, but I wasked one father of a 12 year old at the time does his kid listen to the radio after school.. "yes,, he does". And what radio station does he listen to.. "Triple-M". And about what time.. "Er... after 5"... My response was "Is that the stuff you want your kids listening to?" His faced did change expression somewhat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One might think that Punch & Judy is a Morality Play, in which the Good triumph over the Evil. However the reverse is true of Punch & Judy. The skeletal typically involves Punch behaving outrageously, struggling with his wife Judy and the baby, and then triumphing in a series of encounters with the forces of law and order. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 months later...

Alas, getting back to the heading, I really don't think there are any real creationists out there. I noticed that recent mayoral elections in the US went heavily against the republicans, and I took it for a good sign that people are fed up with creationists.

But just maybe there is one out there who is just itching to be made fun of....  please respond.

• Like 1