How do we get more people to use Public Transport in urban/suburban areas?

Yes ! .

The last time I ventured into Parramatta,  half  ( it seems ) the shops are Gone .

I used to know were the parking stations were , but now with the " NO turn , No entry . Everywhere,  I would need a  GPS plotter 

To find my way . To park .

Those ' TRAM lines are now outside the  " Westmead Hospital " ,

So more streets will be closed to public access .

spacesailor

5 hours ago, octave said:

I am all for sharing the street space more equitably, between cars pedestrians bikes, and mobility scooters. It is good for people and it is good for business when done well. 

By this, I do mean reducing the area for cars in favour of pedestrians, bikes mobility scooters etc.   

9 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

Mobility Scooter's Are ' not ' legal on the road .

This is precisely why we need fewer vehicle lanes and more space for bikes mobility scooters and pedestrians like in some European cities. Mobility scooters should not have to be used the road.  

1Screenshot2023-04-06165106.thumb.jpg.bb43d67d7d72e42fb8a22e7571746516.jpg2Screenshot2023-04-06154044.thumb.jpg.edcf95218d55b38fe7c9ee9818c147b2.jpg

Edited by octave
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

I don't know where those photos were taken, octave, but whenever I've driven on a road with cycle lanes, there have been kilometres with no bikes in the lane, and delivery vehicles having dificulty finding a spot to unload.

21 minutes ago, red750 said:

I don't know where those photos were taken, octave, but whenever I've driven on a road with cycle lanes, there have been kilometres with no bikes in the lane, and delivery vehicles having dificulty finding a spot to unload.

The Netherlands.  They a much smarter at designing for everyone.   I know people who don't use bike lanes tend to have a hatred of them but when done well it benefits everyone.    

• Agree 1

South Australia ( Adelaide) is still back in the days where building a freeway makes the lands where the freeway passes more valuable for developers. One freeway passes right through the Gawler Gliding Club, on down to join up with the Adelaide freeway system.

We ( the gliding club) said you could not do that for aircraft safety reasons. So they got consultants to show that we were going to be left with more than most had to start with.

Well we did have the ability to say " go away and set us back as if you never came" when they said how we got unfairly-well treated.

Personally, my house in Gawler was bought under the misapprehension that walking to the railway station would be worth money one day.... well this never happened from 1974 to 2000.

• Informative 1