If not for Youtube ...

old man emu

You are a lucky guy Jerry. I didn't lose the instruction manual that came with a borehole pump, but I can't follow the main diagram and I can't find it on the net either. But, while looking,  I did find something real important: the aquifer can't supply enough to keep the pump running. I had a valve shutting off part of the flow, but a much better way is to have a partially-open valve to return a %age back down the borehole. This avoids any overheat to the pump.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

The thing women don't like is YOU proving SHE made the wrong decision. Of course there's a possibility she thought she could fix all your faults and was wrong there also. This  advice comes free and is worth what you paid for it.. It is probably too late to be any use except to help you understand why you're like everyone else..  I can't imagine life without mine. Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

After six decades  ! , I will also agree with ' facthunter ' a ' few ' , but the wife took it like " a man " , for many years .

Then one day she blew her top & told me to " f off " .

The shock from me was absolutely? ,,  I stood there in complete amazement!  , then burst out laughing .

For a None swearing women : absolabsolutly gobsmacked .

Long time ago , but we haven't got that heated since .

spacesailor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

YT is largely a gem.. I fouund this:

This is the first year of a very tough three year course and qualification; to buy the books from Kaplan would set you back about £200 and the course for the year is up to £2.5K. It's three years old, and the only thing at this level that would be the ethics standards...  So, any youngster or oldster for that matter can do the course to get the qualification.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Like when you've been spoiled somewhat by little things being done for you. IF you do it  for her and your mates notice it will be GEEZ Mate. SHE's got YOU under the thumb.. Or OI, Cut it out .You're letting the side down. Next thing MY missus will be wanting the same IF she gets a wiff of what's going on here.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

When my partner and I first got together, she set me an expectation to get her flowers every week. My response was not to count on it; "after all, I'm an Aussie and we just don't to that sort of thing..." and then murmured something about a weekly gig on the kitchen table...

• Like 1

Mutual support is the key to harmony

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Like when you've been spoiled somewhat by little things being done for you. IF you do it  for her and your mates notice it will be GEEZ Mate. SHE's got YOU under the thumb.. Or OI, Cut it out .You're letting the side down. Next thing MY missus will be wanting the same IF she gets a wiff of what's going on here.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1