Footy

willedoo

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

From what I can gather, the field is a bit shorter and a bit skinnier than the fields here.

The shortness of the in-goal area has caused defensive problems and my opinion from the commentators' call is that the advertising boards being so close are creating a danger of injury. What the Yanks probably don't realise is that Rugby players (both codes) are hitting that try line at full pace and can't stop safely if there is no over-run distance.

• Agree 1

I think if they had to play permanently on a field that size, it would become a very different game. Watching it on TV, it looks like there's very little space and it gives the visual impression of players everywhere. Those sidelines are certainly dangerous from an injury risk point of view.

According to Wikipedia, Allegiant Stadium is the second-most expensive stadium in the world at 1.9 billion cost.

I like the way the grandstand lifts up so the natural grass football field can slide outside in the sunlight. College football games use an artificial turf field which is rolled up and packed away when the natural grass field is rolled in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegiant_Stadium

• 4 weeks later...