Is this funny

Yenn

I copied this from The news today. I don't know what the Worldwide Speakers Group is but it would appear that it is a comedy group, or maybe a corrupt group trying to spread its word.

What do you think?

.Former prime minister Scott Morrison has been advertised as the “true definition of a leader” as he attempts to build a side-gig as a globetrotting speaker.

The Worldwide Speakers Group has announced that Mr Morrison, Australia’s 30th prime minister, will “exclusively” represent the group on international speaking engagements.

The election-losing prime minister is lauded as “a virtuous globalisation mastermind” and “the true definition of a leader with a 360-degree world view” on the WWSG’s website.

He is hailed for “aggressively working toward a net zero global emissions economy”.

“During his tenure, Morrison was tasked with several difficulties that required unique and innovative solutions,” states the bio on the WWSG website.

“From managing the public safety of Australians during the pandemic to mitigating an economic crisis, controlling natural disasters, and leading the country while others were at war—Prime Minister Morrison led Australia with his particular brand of calm decisiveness and rationale.

“A globalisation mastermind, Morrison lends his boundless influence and experience to audiences around the world.”

Former prime minister Scott Morrison has been advertised as the “true definition of a leader” as he attempts to build a side-gig as a globetrotting speaker.

The Worldwide Speakers Group has announced that Mr Morrison, Australia’s 30th prime minister, will “exclusively” represent the group on international speaking engagements.

The election-losing prime minister is lauded as “a virtuous globalisation mastermind” and “the true definition of a leader with a 360-degree world view” on the WWSG’s website.

He is hailed for “aggressively working toward a net zero global emissions economy”.

“During his tenure, Morrison was tasked with several difficulties that required unique and innovative solutions,” states the bio on the WWSG website.

“From managing the public safety of Australians during the pandemic to mitigating an economic crisis, controlling natural disasters, and leading the country while others were at war—Prime Minister Morrison led Australia with his particular brand of calm decisiveness and rationale.

“A globalisation mastermind, Morrison lends his boundless influence and experience to audiences around the world.”

Sounds a lot like the Trump fiasco. Do they really think people will believe the crap.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The globalisation mastermind said that he was proud to join the team for his next chapter and that it would help facilitate growing relationships within the private sector.

You could translate that as he's hoping a job will come out of it. That's why he's still in parliament, nobody wants him. Solution is to try other countries where they aren't aware of his level of veracity. I like this quote: " prime minister Morrison’s experiences and insights will be critical for business leaders on six continents.” I'm sure they're all lining up. Scotty is the joke that keeps on giving.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for the biggest laugh of my day, Yenn. I cannot believe this BS that's being spouted, the blokes got great potential for a sideshow spieler, but not much else!

Global leadership mastermind?? Give me a break, he couldn't lead horses to water. 

“Aggressively working toward a net zero global emissions economy”?? This is the same bloke who sucked up to oil and coal companies, and who pooh-poohed EV's, and did everything he could, to avoid a changeover from fossil fuels.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, facthunter said:

He couldn't have described him better if it was HIS words, which I suggest it was. Another "Marketing" of a dud Product. He's prone to do this sort of stuff. Nev

It does make you wonder if the joining fee includes writing your own bio.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don't think the agency cares too much - if Gadaffi or Hussain were alive today and wanted to join them, they would. Remember, after meeting SFM to hatch a venture called AUKUS, Biden couldn't even remember his name.. and Biden isn't as senile as everyone would make out. The agency needs speakers.. they can now add one for former PM to their marketing stats.. If people hire him, great - they get a commission. If they don't., it has cost them a page on their website..

The speaking cicuit is a rort.. other peoples money (e.g. shareholders, goverment) money is spent to allow senior execs to rub shoulders with the poltiical elite. Anyone who knows him won't hire him unless it is a favour to him. Anyone who doesn't know him may hire him, but word will spread he has no charisma, very little in the way useful contacts to open up, and inverted insight into anything.

Speaking, though, is highy lucrative. It is estimated that Tony Blair grosses about £15m/year from it; BoJo, while still in  parliament, has just earned himself £150K for 30 minute speech and a couple hours of schmoozing in the US - while he is a sitting member of parliament (shich shows how effed up the system is here). Maybe I would be interested in seeing both of them... if nothing else to see how their mind works. My only interest in seeing SFM is to understand how he managed to become PM.. and try and put in place initiatives to ensure it never, ever, happens again.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Didn't need to. Our religious leaders just didn't look close enough.

Nobody questions the fact that Females give forth life. Therefore it follows that god, who created all life on earth, must be female.

Also, we are told to 'fear god', and 'god works in mysterious ways', and that god's motives aren't available to mortal man. That sounds womanly to me.

I rest my case.

• Haha 3
  • Winner 1

10 hours ago, facthunter said:

You actually UNDERSTAND what womanly means? Even God wouldn't claim that. Nev

My ex-wife explained the origin of the word " woman", to me

She was nice like that.

" Woman". Comes from 'woe-unto-man'

And she was SO right about that.

Edited by nomadpete
Another line in life, another laugh
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

After the First attempt .

LILITH

There must have been a vast improvement .

Or

Domestically better.

spacesailor

We don't get to hear much about Lilith. I think Lilith got a bad rap.

She was created as Adam's equal and so she didn't want to be submissive to Adam. So Adam complained to his dad, and dad gave him what he wished for. Adam hadn't heard the saying 'be careful what you wish for'.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1