The Queen has Died..

Jerry_Atrick

Stan Grant is permanently angry and blames white colonisation for everything that's wrong with the Aboriginals today. But he refuses to recognise that the Aboriginals are basically violent and abusive, and that a large percentage of their current problems stem from their own abuse - of their women, of their children, of each other, of whites, of drugs and alcohol. They deny any responsibility for anything that's wrong in their culture, and use every opportunity to bleed more money and more concessions out of White Australia.

Yes, they did get poorly treated in the early days of the colony. So did my ancestors. My grandfather in the U.K. was robbed out of the ownership of two houses in the mid-1800's, by crooked lawyers who realised he couldn't read or write. I'm sure there was lots of dispossession and unfair treatment of his ancestors before him. I read where 1% of the people in Britain still own 50% of the land area in Britain, so still not much fairness in the treatment of the serfs there, either.

Both my father and my mother left England and Scotland in the 1920's due to poor economic conditions, and the belief that there was little room for their advancement or improvement in life there.

My Dad worked exceptionally hard here, and often got treated very badly by employers. Nothing changes - but he didn't spend all his time brooding with anger, and blaming everyone else for his losses - nor demanding reparations. He just got on with life, and succeeded reasonably well - far better than he would have in the U.K.

The Aborigines have to start taking some responsibility for ensuring their children are brought up properly, instead of just roaming the streets and wagging school continuously.

They are the only group in Australia that get paid money to ensure their kids attend school - but even at that, the schooling failure rate amongst Aboriginals is still over 60%. We still have Aboriginals who refuse to learn English, then they get angry because they can't get a job and lots of money like their educated compatriots do. Ask the people of Alice Springs about this problem.

It can't be the lack of educational attention given to them, it has to be a reluctance to learn and absorb useful information. Stan Grant would be better advised to start pouring his efforts into ensuring his "people" move into the 21st century, and develop more acceptable social skills and civil behaviour, and learn what they need to succeed in life. A small percentage of Aboriginals have done this.

I often feel like asking Stan Grant what position he'd thinks he be in today, if the whites never arrived here. He'd be living in a gunyah, chasing wild animals for food and running out of food pretty regularly, fighting with other tribes, suffering severely from simple ailments that are easily cured by "white mans medicine", he'd be drinking polluted water from puddles and creeks, and he'd have no way of travelling any serious distance in a day, without being attacked, or without support from other tribal members.

All in all, without "colonial repression", his life would be much tougher and more miserable, and his lifespan would be about two thirds of what it is today - and his total tribal numbers would be about a quarter of what they are today.

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

Well said, onetrack. I would like the Stan Grant's of this country to really consider if whitefellers packed up their bags and left, along with all their stuff. You also have to imagine that pommy whitefellers were not just replaced by other, less benevolent, types. So the country was returned to the abos as if  nothing ever happened.

I nearly said to walk a mile in their shoes....  but, their shoes would also disappear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In his book, On Identity published in 2019, Grant "asks why when it comes to identity he is asked to choose between black and white", and "argues that it is time to leave identity behind and to embrace cosmopolitanism". Why then does he want to be divisive? Onetrack is correct.

On 20/09/2022 at 10:03 PM, onetrack said:

Stan Grant would be better advised to start pouring his efforts into ensuring his "people" move into the 21st century, and develop more acceptable social skills and civil behaviour, and learn what they need to succeed in life.

That would help them to "embrace cosmopolitanism".

Until I moved up country, I had the city liberal's idea about promoting the aboriginal cause. Eight months later, I've abandoned that crap. It is said that God helps those who help themselves. That's not from any religious text, but it's good secular motto. However, one could say that the aboriginal cause does a lot of good. Look at all the people, who have worked hard to master a wide range of skills and come to workplaces 5 days per week, 48 weeks per year, the aboriginal cause gives employment to. Bugger all are from the First Nations.

This little whitey will be voting "NO" in any future referendum strictly dealing with the wants of aborigines. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Is it a leading cause, though? Or do we want to reduce Old Age so it can substitute the real causes, such as heart disease, cancers, and the other fine side effects of our lifestyle...

I just want to reduce my age so I can feel young again - that should prevent my death by 'Old Age'.

• Like 1