What do we stand for?

Yenn

I see in todays News daily that a survey has been done in which people ranked values in Australa.

In order of how they were ranked the first ten were.

Equal opportunity.

Freedom.

Mateship.

Honesty.

Security.

Rule of law.

Work ethic.

Physical health and fitness.

Nationalism..

Resilience.

In the order as shown it looks like a case of political correctness. Personally I would put Honesty at the top, followed by health.

How would you rate them and in the survey there were several other I haven't included.

• Informative 1

I just got home from Bunnings and was very disappointed to see that, for some of my countrymen, one of those values has gone out the window.

In the chainsaw section almost every unit on display had been pilfered. Two had chains stolen, most of the fuel and oil caps were gone, one even had the whole top of the engine removed. The staff told me this happens daily, losing that section of the shop thousands!

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Old Koreelah said:

I just got home from Bunnings and was very disappointed to see that, for some of my countrymen, one of those values has gone out the window.

In the chainsaw section almost every unit on display had been pilfered. Two had chains stolen, most of the fuel and oil caps were gone, one even had the whole top of the engine removed. The staff told me this happens daily, losing that section of the shop thousands!

Their facial recognition system doesn't seem to be working very well in the chainsaw aisle then?

• Haha 2

Old K, where is this Bunnings store located? You're up in the ranges W of Byron Bay, aren't you? Isn't that the region where all the feral Hippies hang out?

I'd expect these types with no money, no morals and no parental guidance to be the major source of thieving, morally-bankrupt behaviour.

We get our morals from our parental guidance - and when there is none, the young 'uns don't take long to fall into thieving and alcohol-addicted and drug-addled ways.

The alcoholic indigenes in the North of W.A. are now providing us with a whole younger generation of totally lawless youngsters, who see nothing wrong with bashing, robbing, and stealing cars continuously.

It's a real headache for law enforcement here, and the W.A. Police have just doubled their force numbers in these regions to try and get this total lawlessness under control.

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

Old K, where is this Bunnings store located?

Newcastle west. I agree with much of your analysis. We suffer from whole generations of kids failed by atrociously thoughtless parenting. Happily, I’ve seen some of them surprise you by turning out better, but the rest cost society more than their fair share.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

We're doomed, long term. The smart people have less KIDS. The rest probably don't know what causes kids. Nev

Sometimes accidents happen.  Our youngest is proof of that.  Wouldn't be without her now, of course!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Things would have to stay just the same for thousands of years for your prediction to come true Marty. I personally reckon that our present society is going to collapse within a hundred years.

BUT at the beginning of a great book on the subject " Guns, germs and steel" the writer relates a discussion with a PNG native guy. The question the PNG guy asked him was "why you whitefellers come here, why not us png guys going to Europe as anthropologists? The writer goes on to explain that it takes much more brains to survive in a jungle than a city. I don't think he knew about how brain size has got smaller since the invention of agriculture, but this observation sure is in agreement .

This is where I got the  idea of a canoe-full of Australian blacks paddling up the Thames and declaring that the land belongs to Aborigines. After meeting some of the inhabitants, they could well declare the land to be "terra nullius" too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1