Two former greats of entertainment left us this week. Vale.

red750

Time catches up with us all sadly, loved the Everly brothers vocals, have played many of their songs over the years and their EP was my second record purchase, the first was "old shep" by elvis. It reminded me of the dogs I'd lived with on the streets, loved dogs then as they were my only companions I could trust and love them even more today.

• Like 1

Charlie Watts, the unflappable Rolling Stones drummer who anchored rock's ageless wonders, died in a London hospital on Tuesday, just weeks after bowing out of the group's upcoming tour.

He was 80.

His publicist added: "He passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family. Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also as a member of The Rolling Stones, one of the greatest drummers of his generation."

image.thumb.png.996909d84488893097de59f8b955e4d0.png

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Rest in Peace Sally Kellerman (June 2, 1937 – February 24, 2022), an American actress, singer, and author. Her credits include Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan in M*A*S*H (1970), Brewster McCloud (1970), Last of the Red Hot Lovers (1972), Lost Horizon (1973), Welcome to L.A. (1976), The Big Bus (1976), Back to School (1986), and TV shows such as The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Star Trek, and Bonanza.

802058511_sallykellerman.thumb.jpg.3172b1138bcd62839824dc8839b01048.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Realistically, most of us (over 60) mature folk, are still at risk of illness or curtains from covid.

Probably moreso now than earlier in the pandemic when there were fewer carriers and more isolation and masks.

I'll still be wearing a mask for quite a while, no matter what out governments say.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I personally think Warney was like so many of our "entertainers", who believe in the old saying, "live fast, die young, and have a good-looking corpse!".

There's a price to pay for heavy drinking, jetsetting around the world, screwing everything on two legs, and chasing high profile actresses.

RIP Warney, I'm sure you'd say "no regrets!", if we could ask you what you thought of your short and fast life.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

Was shane warne on stimulants? He died at 52 of a heart attack in a hotel in Thailand. The only guy I knew who used to go to Thailand went there for the under-age prostitutes and he used stimulants.

Given his lifestyle, substances wouldn't surprise me... The latter, however, would. I know many people, especially after the dot com bust, who went to Thailand for extended periods and end up also buyijng villas there; and while I am sure they partook in underground-ish activities - even probably engaged the services of prostitutes, I would have seriously doubted they would havve parten in the underage variety. But, these days, nothing surprises me.

• Like 1

If Warne had already had a heart attack a few years ago, then it's on the cards that his circulatory system wasn't in too great shape. It's not unusual for people to drop from heart attack at what we now consider to be a young age. Some people have a heat attack and reject their previous lifestyle. Others follow the philosophy of "Isaiah 22:13, ‘Let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we shall die.’ Warne seems to have been on that team. I find it distressing to speak ill of him by suggesting that his death was due to an amoral life. 

Let's not forget the shock and sorrow his family are suffering and not add to it by unproven inferences.

It is reported that he was on a get fit course and I don’t doubt it. Now we have lost him and Rod Marsh it makes me think of those other greats of his era. Merv Hughes, what has happened to him? That great Tassie batsman and close in fielder who’s name escapes me, but I have a vivid image of him at silly mid on, taking a wonderful catch. Thommo who looked like a first class batsman as a tail ender trying to save a game for us, how good he looked and how sad that he didn’t succeed. Alan Border who brought Australia out of it’s darkest days and compared with Kim Hughes was a hero.

Now cricket doesn’t inspire, after the ball tampering, which was similar to the underarm against N Z. Except for the women’s game, which appears to be fast, but not win at all costs, rather like women’s football

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Commercial media love to capitalise on any well known person's tragedy. It offers them great emotional content that saves them from having to pay for real content to show. So they string it out until the public tire of the news. Usually a week is the attention span of Joe Public.

• Agree 1