Points, pedants and pr-cks

tillmanr

a relative, now deceased, who was a night fighter pilot in WW2, over 100 missions, told me "all beer is good beer". He worked that out from the taste of that first beer after getting back from, say, Germany seen from the air. It's hard to argue with his view that all beer is good. He agreed that some beers are better than others.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a relative, now deceased, who was a night fighter pilot in WW2, over 100 missions, told me "all beer is good beer". He worked that out from the taste of that first beer after getting back from, say, Germany seen from the air. It's hard to argue with his view that all beer is good. He agreed that some beers are better than others.

The difference is, he flew back to England not South Australia. If an English brewer turned out a batch that tasted like West End, he'd fall on his hydrometer.

I love how they've been caught out doing every single thing they beat the previous government over the head for doing. What's that word?... oh yeah... "hypocrisy".

No matter how much we enjoy seeing noxious politicians getting their just desserts, we the people are the losers.

What we need is leaders with the wisdom and charisma to inspire us to make the sacrifices our nation needs. Our major parties have produced some impressive people, but those qualities rarely if ever appear in one person. We have only ourselves to blame if we vote for short-term comfort.

The difference is, he flew back to England not South Australia. If an English brewer turned out a batch that tasted like West End, he'd fall on his hydrometer.

Agreed. English beer is fantastic. My favorite is Harveys, from Lewes. But there are lots of great English beers. I live in SA and I never drink the local stuff.