Points, pedants and pr-cks

tillmanr

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. If the Parliament is a place of contempt, blame yourselves. YOU elected them.

I agree but on the other hand, try getting Labour or Liberal out of power and see how far you get.

Most other countries don't get the opportunity to vote freely. Nev

As I just said, you don't have a free vote in Australia, the country is controlled by Labour and Liberal and we all suffer because of it.

好的。马可,你可以写有的汉字。

Hao de. Ma ke, ni ke yi xie you de han zi.

我的名字是戴天磊。

Wo de ming zi shi dai tian lei

unfortunately the character lei is associated with a pile of rocks…don’t know why lao shi gave me that name…

oh, and

wo de han yu hen bu hao! Zhen de! (I cheat by using Pleco)

Had to google that one... You think Bex and I would make a good match?...maybe get together over a glass of Great Wall and "gan bei!" as only the Chinese can do spacer.png

Great Wall? Are you serious?? I didn't know goats pee'd red. Not that I drink a lot but I can and do buy Johnny Walker and Jacobs Creek locally.

Did you know Jacobs Creek is a real creek? Got a picture of a Mate somewhere standing next to a typical Oz minor Hwy road bridge complete with "Jacobs Creek" sign peeing into the creek! spacer.png

Great Wall? Are you serious?? I didn't know goats pee'd red. Not that I drink a lot but I can and do buy Johnny Walker and Jacobs Creek locally.

Did you know Jacobs Creek is a real creek? Got a picture of a Mate somewhere standing next to a typical Oz minor Hwy road bridge complete with "Jacobs Creek" sign peeing into the creek! spacer.png

I have been to Jacobs Creek: it is a lovely place and they make a lovely drop too. At the winery they assured me that JACOBS CREEK is the most frequently stolen sign in Australia. Apparently, quite a number of people want to hang it in their bar at home.

I agree but on the other hand, try getting Labour or Liberal out of power and see how far you get.As I just said, you don't have a free vote in Australia, the country is controlled by Labour and Liberal and we all suffer because of it.

Pauline Hansen tried and "failed" ....or should I say "was jailed"?

Rose bush has plenty of pricks (thorns). Parliament means a place of talking. Parlez Vous? fr latin based I expect.. If the Parliament is a place of contempt, blame yourselves. YOU elected them. Most other countries don't get the opportunity to vote freely. Nev

Agreed Nev, but I only elected two, 1 for the H of R and one for the Senate, Someone else will have to take the blame for the others

I have been to Jacobs Creek: it is a lovely place and they make a lovely drop too. At the winery they assured me that JACOBS CREEK is the most frequently stolen sign in Australia. Apparently, quite a number of people want to hang it in their bar at home.

I used to live at Nobs Junction between St Andrews and Christmas Hills on the Yarra Glen Road. They don't even bother to replace the sign anymore.

Kaz

Jacob's Creek is highly promoted in Europe. There's many better wines in Australia. Nev

I saw a bottle of Jacob's Creek in the fine wines section of a high class supermarket here in Belo Horizonte. I thought it was a little out of place. It's drinkable but a fine wine ...? Thought about buying it for old time's sake. I miss Australian wine.

One look at the price had me laughing! R$55.00! It stayed on the shelf and I opted for a Chilean red which happened to be half the price and better!

I saw a bottle of Jacob's Creek.....One look at the price had me laughing! R$55.00!

Jacobs Creek, which I like along with Johnny Red because I don't succumb to peer pressure, is around $25 here.

Pauline Hansen tried and "failed" ....or should I say "was jailed"?

Of course that's one of whom I was refering to, but it just starts a lot of rubbish about the person exactly as Labour and Liberal strong holds want you to do thus avoiding discussing the system she suffered miserably at the hands of for daring to challenge and actually make ground.

Bex all serious wine judging is done "blind". The tasters don't know the labels. Nev

An expert taster spits - not swallows and avoids getting blind in the first place. Have to admit, after a rigorous "tasting session" I can't read the labels either!