Points, pedants and pr-cks

tillmanr

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down here in Victoria, Julie is in the middle of winter and definitely COLD! Kaz

Yes, as a group they just haven't been reading the electorate at all. Every step has been further off the path.

However, in Victoria, we are about to see a Little Fauss and Big Halsey act https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I61hU4SF1M with very little depth in a Cabinet where, before they have even been sworn in, the factions have knocked out some of the depth. I've never before seen the farm given away on election night.

Added to that is a balance of power situation in the Victorian Upper House which will be just as frustrating as it has been to the Gillard/Abbott governments, where the incumbent finishes up with the blame.

None of that will help though, unless the Federal coalition can get some momentum up, furstly by putting an end to the anti-people decisions.

She wouldn't be the first great politician I've seen swept from power in a landslide.

What exactly is the topic? That people are generally crappy spellers, or that nobody should share their point of view on a public FORUM.

Actually, seeing as the use of the native tongue is the hot topic, lets have a look at the definition of the word FORUM

From Websters Dictionary:

noun: forum · plural noun: forums

1. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:

One could infer from the meaning of the word FORUM (see above) that when clicking on a button that clearly says " FORUM" that the presser of that button might reasonably expect to be presented with " ideas and views on a particular issue".

To click the FORUM button, and then ADD POST (to the for mentioned forum) only to complain about the "ideas and views" expressed by the participants in the FORUM, seems a little I dunno... Wait... Im doing it too..Im expressing concern over the "ideas and views" of a poster...Dammit!!!... I dislike this post. Where is the dislike button...

What exactly is the topic? That people are generally crappy spellers, or that nobody should share their point of view on a public FORUM.Actually, seeing as the use of the native tongue is the hot topic, lets have a look at the definition of the word FORUM

From Websters Dictionary:

noun: forum · plural noun: forums

1. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:

One could infer from the meaning of the word FORUM (see above) that when clicking on a button that clearly says " FORUM" that the presser of that button might reasonably expect to be presented with " ideas and views on a particular issue".

To click the FOPRUM button, and then ADD POST (to the for mentioned forum) only to complain about the "ideas and views" expressed by the participants in the FORUM, seems a little I dunno... Wait... Im doing it too..Im expressing concern over the "ideas and views" of a poster...Dammit!!!... I dislike this post. Where is the dislike button...

Well the topic is points pedants and pr*cks so what's wrong with discussing politicians? Seems to fit the topic perfectly.

Sorry mum:happy:

I don't think I have ever done a put down on the forum, but I can understand some of the gripes about poor English.

The incorrect substitution of a possessive adjective instead of the contraction of the second person singular present tense of the verb "to be" is a common fault which needs to be rooted out on this forum before we discuss such trivia as far-ranging proposals for airworthiness directives or operating restrictions. spacer.png spacer.png

("Your" = it belongs to you. "You're" = you are)

So a "Pedant" is illustrated... Good one Dutch.. The last word is incomplete. It could be Pracks precks pricks procks prucks prycks. Christ said it is hard to kick against the pricks but he wasn't absorbed with sex like you lot, as the ones he was referring to were in thorny bushes, like Brer Rabbit had himself thrown into. In the context of the thread heading it can be assumed to be a "Dastardly Bounder of the Worst Kind' or an "Uncouth Barbarian" or as we oft tend to use genitalia as a demeaning term, take your lick there.. . Points are what I have not achieved here, but had I been more successful I would have made one. Nev

The incorrect substitution of a possessive adjective instead of the contraction of the second person singular present tense of the verb "to be" is a common fault which needs to be rooted out on this forum before we discuss such trivia as far-ranging proposals for airworthiness directives or operating restrictions.

Your quiet good at grammer I see.

The incorrect substitution of a possessive adjective instead of the contraction of the second person singular present tense of the verb "to be" is a common fault which needs to be rooted out on this forum before we discuss such trivia as far-ranging proposals for airworthiness directives or operating restrictions. spacer.png spacer.png

("Your" = it belongs to you. "You're" = you are)

I would of avoided it if I had of known it was pore English

Kaz

ps. thank goodness for spell check

Ik kan natuurlijk antwoorden in een andere taal, maar dan vliegt het gehele punt het raam uit!............... Your it!.............................

Kijk uit! Ik kan ook Nederlands spreken. spacer.png

Eu posso falar português também.

Now your it!

你们 是 本 但 但是 我 非 唐 同名.

我们 所 外国 花 很 多, 老 半 便 不 高 新!

Are you this, but the same name, but I am not Don.

We spend a lot of foreign countries, it is not the old semi-tech!

WTF?! spacer.png

你们 是 本 但 但是 我 非 唐 同名.

我们 所 外国 花 很 多, 老 半 便 不 高 新!

Are you this, but the same name, but I am not Don.

We spend a lot of foreign countries, it is not the old semi-tech!

WTF?! spacer.png

I hope you're not getting too pedantic here, Bikky!