Helicopter pilots find strange Sci-Fi monolith in remote rocky region of Utah

onetrack

I reckon the person who planted this, sure must be some kind of sci-fi freak - but a moneyed one at that, to drag that big chunk of metal that far out in the wilderness, and bury it in the ground there.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone comes forward about it, when the story is widely circulated. 

https://ksltv.com/449486/dps-crew-discovers-mysterious-monolith-from-air-in-remote-utah-wilderness/?

Yahoo News has an item which states someone has claimed they know the identity of the person responsible. Here is part of the article:

"After the images of the monolith went viral, an art dealer and gallery owner has come forward claiming it was installed by a minimalist artist named John McCracken, who died nine years ago.

David Zwirner, who represented Mr McCracken as an agent, said he is convinced of the object’s origin - though his colleagues aren’t quite as sure.

"The gallery is divided on this," Mr Zwirner said in a statement.

"I believe this is definitely by John."

I've been hearing a hum for years  -  or is that my tinnitus?

Stephen Colbert did his monologue on the monolith. He said the helicopter crew counting the longhorn sheep claimed they flew low enough so they could determine the sex of the sheep. :roflmao:

He also said it was made with "man made rivets."

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the source of the Hum is the sheer number of electric motors used throughout the nation. Most electric motors emit a hum - tens of thousands of them operating simultaneously, would be enough to create a combined low steady hum.

Some people are just plain sensitive to various pitches of noise. SWMBO reckons she can hear the electricity humming through the wires. Maybe that is the source of the Hum, tens of thousands of kms of street wiring, all humming with electricity.

• Like 1

Well the "remoteness" of the Utah monument is not exactly what was first reported. Dozens of people have now been to it, after someone uploaded the likely co-ordinates to a forum. I reckon they were probably poring over satellite images.

The first bloke there, an ex-infantry "exploration" hiker, drove in to within a reasonable walking distance of the monument, parked his car by the side of the road, and then hiked in, just beating some other people by about 10 mins.

He started at midnight! I reckon he must be pretty good to find his way to a location like that in the dark. Although there is a reasonable amount of moonlight at present.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-27/hidden-utah-desert-monolith-found-by-sightseer/12930042

This "humming" drift sent me down the rabbit hole. I'm a serious sceptic - I love to pull apart conspiracy theories. For instance, I have a couple of entertaining relations who totally believe that they can't go to sleep unless the WiFi is turned off (they say it causes headaches, even though they still get headaches when it's off). But the humming one is rather more difficult to debunk.

At first all the arguments seem fragile. Any constructive thoughts?

Edited by nomadpete
grammar check for OME