Atheist knowledge

Gnarly Gnu

I think some people are getting confused by the subtle difference in the use of the word "evolve". I didn't use it for this reason, even though it's commonly used for viruses.

Evolve: Unfold, unroll, open out, set forth in order, give off (heat), develop by natural process, invent, imagine

Evolution: Evolving, evolution of the species by development from earlier forms, extraction of root from any given power.

I think some people are getting confused by the subtle difference in the use of the word "evolve". I didn't use it for this reason, even though it's commonly used for viruses.

Evolve: Unfold, unroll, open out, set forth in order, give off (heat), develop by natural process, invent, imagine

Evolution: Evolving, evolution of the species by development from earlier forms, extraction of root from any given power.

REALLY??? Semantics is the best form of argument you have ???? At least present a little bit of rational argument against Bikky's evidence (the evidence that you wanted).

What about the tuberculosis question I asked? Any response?

And yet - and yet

You have not given one cognizant argument that evolution does not happen - evolution can happen within a species without it becoming a brand new species, ya know. They can change the colour of feathers, lengths of beaks etc and yet, even though they have evolved from a base platform, they are still the same species . Now, at some time down the track, it may happen that interbreeding cannot happen due to further changes, and at that point, it can probably be defined as a new species, but evolution does not automatically create a new species each time there is a change.

Give it time, I'm working, only got a few minutes at a time in breaks to read.

It is interesting that you accuse me of not giving one cognizant argument that evolution does not happen, yet when I ask another atheist to prove there is no God, I'm given the Russell treatment.

Just to refresh our memories Darwin never proved his theory of evolution of the species and nor has anyone else, but I do have an idea for an answer and I'm working on it.

Not Chigwell, that's for sure.

I never understood the virgin thing. When you think about it logically, men being men, if any young woman is even borderline good looking, there will be serious attempts to relieve her of the burden of virginity. So in general terms a high proportion of virgins who make it to their 30's would not be welcome on America's Next Top Model, to say the least.

Hardly an incentive to strap on the vest.

We did find out a few hundred posts ago that the meaning of "virgin' in ancient times was "young girl" so there's no need to worry.

It is still true to say "if he was two feet closer........." in that instance the statement is true.

My point was simple, no one exclaims "Wow, if they were 2 feet further away it wouldn't have even been close!".

Oh, by the way, today I walked down a footpath in a narrow street and 148 cars passed me just 2 feet away -

OMG!, I almost died!!

You're as bad as Octave with his virus - the HIV virus is still the HIV virus. It may well be adapting just as we adapt, it may even be changing, as some of us are black, some are white, some have round eyes, but it's not going to turn into a fish, lizard or bird.

Turbs you talk as if my assertion about viruses is wacky pseudoscience, but pick up any high school or university text book and I think you will find that the evidence is solid and most importantly peer reviewed.

Mum and Dad were trying to console Susie whose dog, Skipper, had just died.

"You know," Mum said, "it's not so bad. Skipper's probably up in Heaven right now, having a great time with God."

Susie stopped crying and asked, "What would God want with a dead dog?"

white jesus, no wonder the jews voted to kill him

Yup, not even the most devout Christian can not guarantee that Jesus didn't look something like this ....

[ATTACH]47514._xfImport[/ATTACH]

... and apologies to the most devout followers for using the 400 year old pagan appointed name of "Jesus" rather than Yahushua (was "The Christ" Japanese by chance?).

Zues.thumb.jpg.abd031a21c6b7eadb0210753fa574236.jpg

1370 posts and you haven't realised that there is only one true god. ME! I know it is true because I believe in me. The fact that I have only one believer is irrelevant. As to the question of "Who created god?" Doh.... it was my mother and father of course.