This influencer is no Kardashian; she has substance.

Old Koreelah

Watch a few of these beautiful short videos and compare them to the trash we get in the affluent west.

"Progress" has swept aside so many traditional skills; we are indebted to the people with foresight who recorded them for us.

This is one such person, who apparently gave up city life and returned to her home village to care for granny. She started a video blog that has captivated millions, including me.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jan/28/li-ziqi-china-influencer-rural-life

OK.. Hmmm.. let me see.. Pretty young girl.. idyllic lifestyle, professional production crew.. yes the article says she started making her own clips.. but... And allowed to post to youtube...

Yeah.. call me an old cynic... but..

Having said that, if she is single, I can afford maintenance payments to the missus... ?

Oh you old cynic, Jerry! What impresses me most is that ancient skills are being celebrated and recorded for future generations. The episode that got me hooked is where she goes into the forest, cuts some bamboo and uses it to build a whole lot of furniture.

A few hundred million Chinese have recently moved from rural life to living in urban towers, so I can sure understand their interest in this video series about a simpler life.

This is right up there with docos made in this country to preserve traditional crafts that are dying out.

Her videos of her little-followed lifestyle - along with the Chinese Govt support - reminds me of the image projected to the world of Australians, by many here.

That carefully-nourished Australian image is of a ruggedly handsome outback character, dealing with life on the land, droughts, fires and floods, coping with wild animals with ease, managing vicious livestock with even more ease and skill, well-versed in handling, repair, and operator skills relating to anything with or without an engine - from a horse, to a trail bike, to a 4WD, to a road train, to a chopper.

Always has a beer after a job well done, wears an Akubra and R.M Williams boots constantly, quite often has a cigarette or "rollie" balanced between a forefinger and thumb.

But the reality is - 99% of Australians are overweight, in poor physical shape, live in a very ordinary suburb in a coastal city, have a boring 9 to 5 job driving something like a ute or truck, often do just labouring work, and wouldn't know what to do, if the local boozer or pokies or supermarket closed down permanently next week.

Most have never come closer to an animal than driving past one in a paddock, 90% have very average driving skills, let alone have multiple machine skills at a high level.

Most wear cheap-shit Chinese clothing from KMart and Target, thongs are the favourite footwear choice, apart from when they're forced to wear decent shoes or boots in establishments and workplaces that demand them.

I've even seen permanently barefoot mechanics, farmers, operators, and heavy truck drivers. The only headwear the average Aussie wears is a cheap Chinese cap, usually with a rude or ignorant statement with sexual overtones on it.

And the average Chinese person of today has been displaced from their peasant lifestyle, to a working life in a factory, and confined to cheap apartment living, built by Govt order to meet the current 5 Year Plan - and unable to move very far without Govt permission, or get another job, without Govt approval.

Is it any wonder the Chinese girls videos, showing her independent, resourceful lifestyle, using her initiative, is admired? It's all smoke and mirrors, in every country in the world.

Oh you old cynic, Jerry! What impresses me most is that ancient skills are being celebrated and recorded for future generations. The episode that got me hooked is where she goes into the forest, cuts some bamboo and uses it to build a whole lot of furniture.

You can't fool me, Old Koreelah. I saw her brand new Bunning's hacksaw.

...Is it any wonder the Chinese girls videos, showing her independent, resourceful lifestyle, using her initiative, is admired?...

I totally agree.

...It's all smoke and mirrors, in every country in the world.

You old cynic, O T! 

I'd much rather watch these videos than almost any of the mind-numbing channels on our TV.

One with big holds for loot.

A big cabin for wenches.

A heart of Oak or other Hardwood.

Hopefully a Gardener engine.

A true "G" spot.

A lots of sails on the sunset.

A rope for keel hauling malcontents.

And a bloody Jolly Roger.......the sea spray can wash the blood soaked decks.

Trim will be the ships cat.

Preferably a Ketch rig.

More traditional the better.

Most likely a ferro hull for ultimate toughness.

Off to Port Stephens today to board " Walrus" my brothers new boat. 34 foot heavy timber trawler.

One with big holds for loot.

A big cabin for wenches.

A heart of Oak or other Hardwood.

Hopefully a Gardener engine.

A true "G" spot.

A lots of sails on the sunset.

A rope for keel hauling malcontents.

And a bloody Jolly Roger.......the sea spray can wash the blood soaked decks.

Trim will be the ships cat.

Preferably a Ketch rig.

More traditional the better.

Most likely a ferro hull for ultimate toughness.

Off to Port Stephens today to board " Walrus" my brothers new boat. 34 foot heavy timber trawler.

Sounds good, Litespeed. I haven't sailed for years, but remember it as one of those life experiences that make you feel more human. Much better than a stink boat.

I  will keep that in mind Spacey.

First I must get the bucks then boat.

The trawler is cool, nice professional conversion to cabin cruiser. 35 ft 15 tonnes of timber. Minus the rot, which is only some simple stuff. Good solid cruiser.. 8 knots and 5 Lt hour.

My twin ( doppelganger) is going to use it as live aboard.

Most importantly the eutectic holds 2 cases with ease.

The problem with installing the wenches, is they need to be held down with my nuts.

Which can be problematic- I need them to keep my main mast up.

I already have a bit of a limp on somedays, the eyesight could be better. A big bird on the shoulder sounds good, except his chat lines are better then mine. And the swarmy bugger does not share.

Beatings with the cat against the grate will continue, until morale improves.