How do we deal with the New Emperor?

Old Koreelah

Australia's relationship with The Middle Kingdom goes back centuries.

Trade came first and is still our major connection. We helped the British and other foreigners exploit and humiliate her.

In wars we've been, by turns, her ally and her enemy. We've taken in lots of her people as immigrants, grudgingly at first. We welcomed her money, ...but now we've become aware of ever more interference in our national affairs by her totalitarian government.

How do we maintain our trading links, which prop up our living standard, while maintaining some national independence?

://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/hastie-s-awakening-to-xi-s-bid-for-total-control-of-china-and-beyond-20190809-p52for.html

[ATTACH]50210._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.thumb.jpeg.f438bd8045c67666031274ec7e99f333.jpeg

How could anyone think we are independent of the USA.

There is not a single governmental decision that is not carefully vetted to see if it conforms to yankie policy.

The Yanks don't even have to tell us what to do, we wouldn't think of doing anything to upset them, such as questioning the president saying there are weapons of mass destruction. Blind Freddy could see that was a lie, but not our mad mob, except maybe Pauline Hanson.

Pauline's madder than the clown in the White House.

It's a balancing act O.K., and it's only going to get harder. I wish we had a decent Foreign Minister at the moment - a Gareth Evans, Kevin Rudd or Julie Bishop - but Marise Payne doesn't inspire me with confidence.

We haven't had a decent foreign minister for many years. Just look at what was done for two Australians in strife.

Hicks was condemned to rot in Guantanamo and Julian Assange is getting the same treatment. The reason being of course that it is more important to brown nose the Yanks, than it is to look after our own citizens.

If you travel overseas just don't expect any help from the issuer of your Aussie passport, because it will not happen.

Pauline's madder than the clown in the White House.

It's a balancing act O.K., and it's only going to get harder. I wish we had a decent Foreign Minister at the moment - a Gareth Evans, Kevin Rudd or Julie Bishop - but Marise Payne doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Usually a Foreign Minister is is right out there, up front and centre and in the news almost daily. This one's like a ghost. It's almost as if she doesn't speak. Was the same as Defence Minister.