Boris Pfeffel Johnson elected UK Prime Minister. . .MSM in meltdown.

Phil Perry

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Boris would be one of "your" possible saviours,. Phil. Farage wants an election which there's no time for or a guaranteed outcome. At least Johnson is intelligent (Compared to Trump) but he's all over the place although an internationalist. and he may not be as intimidated as MAY was because being a woman still has drawbacks, regards being treated seriously, in politics. I don't know HOW I'd vote if I was over there but clearly the Tories have stuffed it from the beginning. putting it to a vote thinking there's no chance of it ending as it did. Cameron's work, after which he left the scene. Nev

Boris has a big job. Theresa May stuffed it up completely by doing it all herself and then the commons wouldn't pass her version. Now Boris has to get some semblance of accord that will get passed in the house. With the mob that are there now I reckon he has bitten off far more than he can chew. Already he has been called a failure, before he has had time to say a word. It was just about impossible to negotiate an agreement with the fact that there had to be an exit whatever happened and there could be no backtracking.

Makes me glad I left the old country years ago.

Many are giving him 3 months before failure to get enough votes to enact his "leave with or without a deal". I don't compare him to Trump at all (hair colour aside). He is articulate and intelligent but a buffoon. Trump is a racist, narcissistic, bigoted complete F#@!wit.

The clowns are in charge on both sides of the Atlantic now.

It's just part of history. We've had the bronze age, the iron age, and now we're entering the age of global buffoonery. It's clownage.

And we're keeping up with the Joneses as well. This is standard footwear in Canberra:

[ATTACH]50191._xfImport[/ATTACH]

617027006_ParliamentaryStandards.thumb.jpg.1a576e513e303d165af92859c6cd5d40.jpg

• 1 month later...
German media quick off the mark. . .they really don't like boris. . .[ATTACH]3118[/ATTACH]

This from a country that has a bleeding heart for a chancellor and an open door immigration policy that is ruining their country adn those surrounding it.   Germany is NOT a good example and their opinion is irrelevant.

The Poms elected Boris so they get what they elect.n   Maybe they can vote again on his election because some dont like it.  (precedent has been set wityh Brexit)

Brexit is the problem. Like it or not, in the democratic process the people voted to leave. May went to Europe several times to get the best deal possible. Some Government MP's voted against 'The Deal' hoping for better and the opposition to just defy the Government because they can for Political Mileage even though against their constituents wishes. 

Face it, no PM is going to get a better deal, Europe will not give any ground.

Form a committee from the 21 + 1 MP's who crossed, see if they can do any better. 

Once Cambridge Analytica were involved how can you call it a democratic process?  "they" have completely closed down voluntarily. That doesn't aid investigation but how they worked is well known now. AND .. A NO DEAL Brexit was never contemplated in any proposal. The Germans "voted and welcomed " Chancellor Hitler in too but after a while it was harder and harder to find anyone admitting it. When the outcome becomes more obviously a DISASTER of still unknown severity and extent, what sort of herd of Lemmings would rule out a reassessment under any circumstances? The LONGER this goes on, the sillier Olde England looks . I'm sure it makes Vlad Glad. Nev

Really the whole problem should be laid at the doors of those who thought up the referendum in the first place. They said it was binding. Either In or out and no second chances.

Europe knows this and had a deal with Theresa May. That was not approved by the Parliament, Theresa May resigned and ages later they elected Boris.

What will he be able to do? Talk to the Europeans, who are going to say, "We had a deal, no need for further negotiations, unless you are going to offer more" All they need to do is sit back and see Britain destroy itself.

If Boris gets an election, I wonder what good it will do Boris or Britain. If he doesn't get an election, what will happen. Will they get a committee to talk to the Europeans? Once again it shows up the stupidity of having a democracy, which makes one person more or less a dictator. We can see it in the USA as well and here in Australia it is rearing its ugly head.

ONLY the (remnants of) the Tory Party "elected" Boris and in the latest parliamentary vote he lost by 21 (at least) votes. The People's government is NOW CLOSED and not operating. Er Perhaps you will now tell me WHO is running the show and under what authority and what will happen to the HARD border with Ireland  and just what the real effect on the British economy will be in money terms. I know it's hard ask but they don't KNOW either. Has Boris got the welfare of the majority of the UK people at heart or has this outcome been on his (and his mates ) WISH LIST since their UNI days at Oxford ? (same as the Abbott) Nev

The Poms have only had ONE "Armed revolution" In their history.

Now's the time for number TWO,! Sack the lot. (or like Cromwell, Hang them)

How about , Give All the Commonwealth countries independence from their motherland.

Unite , Ireland, dump Scotland But keep their Gas & oil ! (that would upset them).

Who knew the "Union Jack" was Scottish.

Charles "King of Wales".

spacesailor

The LONGER this goes on, the sillier Olde England looks . I'm sure it makes Vlad Glad. Nev

Nev, Vlad would be cacking himself. I think he would love to see them out of the EU. Britain is America's little bulldog in Europe and a prickle in Vlad's undies. The rest of Europe, he can co-exist with quite happily. Europe want's to make money by selling goods and services to a big market in Russia, and Vlad wants to sell Russian energy. To him, Britain is just a nuisance.

• 2 weeks later...