Federal Election

willedoo

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My education is so poor that I can't understand it. Could someone please explain?

As far as I can see the LNP are not fit to vote for, or at least our local member Ken O'Dowd. The Labor party candidate is still wet behind the ears. I doubt that he has ever held a real job since he left school, just been a union politician.

We hear so much about LNP being fiscally competent, but what happened to the 4.5 billion or however much it was that they donated to the Barrier reef council or some similarly named body? From what I see as soon as government says there is money for this or that scheme, all the lice come out of the woodwork to line their pockets for as little good to the population as they can get away with. Governments seem to think, they have a problem, so lets throw money at it. They never work out how the money can be best spent. Lets spend money on councelling couples who are having physical abuse problems is one of the latest. Councelling will not work. what is needed is to physicaly stop the abuse by removing the offender.

So, are you suggesting capital punishment can cure the domestic violence problem?

Sounds like a standard risk management strategy......

The best risk control is to ELIMINATE the cause. But how will you decide whether to hang the wife or the husband?

Either way, it would cut the cost of couples counseling. I think the LNP might go for it!

"So, are you suggesting capital punishment can cure the domestic violence problem? " and other violent crime.

Works perfectly every time it's used.

which one ? BOTH

Lots of children required for adoption.

Donor parts required for surgery.

SO YES to the question of Capital Punishment.

spacesailor

You've been reading "Brave New World" again, haven't you?

The trouble is, this answer would win on financial grounds and long term benefit to social fabric, (it's a bit like reintroducing assisted natural selection)

but for some reason it might lose a few votes from Greenies and labour pinko supporters.

It would lose my vote too. They often get it wrong and would execute the wrong person. And I reckon it lessens the stature of the whole country. Do you ever look at the American president and see a torturer and a killer? I never used to but now I'm starting to.

"They often get it wrong and would execute the wrong person"

Does the executed person come back to claim $millions for false execution ?.

Like "the Imprisoned wrongfully".

Would a Dole-Bludger get sympathy for being killed illegally.

Just saw on "Internet-news", "work-for-the-dole" (people) are NOT given safety equipment, or even SHOES to work in.

spacesailor

I wonder what the major parties are going to say about Julian Assange?

I also wonder where they stand on the Adani mine in Qld. So far they seem to be avoiding it as much as they can, because they don't know which way the electorate favours.

I feel for him too, although the gloss came off him a bit when he helped Trump get elected in 2016.

But as his lawyer Barnes says, Australia should really consider our stance on this carefully. If we let the US extradite our journalists on some trumped-up charge it's not good for anyone.

Just been watching some of the pre-election tripe. Looks like Scomo's trying to go with the old Bush/Howard formula of keeping the punters scared and greedy. Doubt it will work this time, though. I get the feeling that if the Libs had an original thought, it would die of loneliness.

Meanwhile, Bill's tearing around in his bus trying on as many yellow vests as he can in one day.

It would be interesting to see what the bookie's odds are. I read somewhere that Labor need another seven seats to win and a uniform swing of 1%.

if you want that piece of crap jillyane assahole back in this country you have and are the problem

so why wont he face his accusers of rape you condone rape I pity your women

for pubilishing those stolen documents he has no respect for any country let that turd rot in the garbage where he belongs neil

Swedish prosecutors dropped the sexual assault allegations. So what we have is someone, whose motives we are not aware of, makes an allegation against Assange. The relevant authorities want to investigate the allegation, but the Assange has punched a warlike government in the nose. Who can say how much the US Government leaned on the Swedes to get Assange convicted of any offence so that the US can start extradition proceedings. The Swedes eventually opt out, leaving the pressure on the British Government as Plan B. The Brits have the wood on Assange because he is guilty of an offence - breach of bail.

So the British Government, which is about as strong as a wet sheet of toilet paper, acts like Chester and goes all out to appease its strong-arm ally.

As for publishing information that the most warlike government on the planet wanted to keep hidden from not only the rest of the world, but the very people who elected it to govern, listen to what was said about the ramifications for Freedom of the Press in the form of investigative journalism. This comes from "The Project" on the Ten network. To see the bit that is relevant to my point, go to the 5:00 minute marker which is just about at the end.

What Will Happen To Julian Assange Now That He's Been Arrested?

My understanding is that Assange was prepared to face his accusers on the rape stuff, but he wanted a guarantee that he wouldn't be sent to the US. This guarantee was never forthcoming. He did agree to be interviewed by Swedish police while in the Equadorean embassy.

If he goes before the Grand Jury in the states ALL suppliers of Factual news in the whole world should be worried. The US justice system is far from open and the question is Can they require the entire world to do what they decide is in THEIR interests?. Recall G.W. Bush "Those who are not with ME are against Me" and the whole WMD thing was faked. and that's proven beyond doubt.. Nev

The US justice system may be far from open, but it is much better than Guantanamo Bay. I wonder if Assange gets to be extradited, will he go to Gitmo?

He was never charged with sexual assault. the swedes wanted to question him on the charges and that I think is when he skipped bail in the UK. He was holed up on the embassy to avoid the charge of skipping bail and has now been convicted on that charge. Being Australian he could have holed up in the Australian embassy, but then he would have been immediately handed over to the yanks. Our government has a terrible record of looking after Aussies rights.

Back to the election and I wonder where all the money will come from to cover all the promises / bribes that are on offer.

What I dislike about the contestants for election, be they members of Parties of any persuasion, or independents, is that not one of them has published their manifesto, which is a written statement of the beliefs, aims, and policies they hold. It is a basic element of any system of management that, at the outset, a policy (or in this case, a manifesto) is developed so that everyone knows what an organisation holds dear and how it wants apply those things to reach targets.

Not one of the contestants has published a manifesto. For the back-bencher, it's all "Vote for the Leader of the XYZ Party. I'm a member of that Party, too, so I'll ride on the Leader's coattails."

What are the fundamental, published beliefs of any of the Parties? The Federal Parliament operates at present on what is called "Management by Crisis". When electors manage their lives like that, it's called a hand-to-mouth existence. All we hear about are the slanging matches that the rest of us stopped having as soon as our balls dropped and we began to grow up.

Is it any wonder that the average Kev'n doesn't get involved in politics? For Kev'n, voting for a local candidate is as important to a Carlton season ticket holder betting on the third race at the Marthaguy Picnic Races.

The belief of the Liberal, National coalition is;-

1 No Australian shall get anything at less than full price.

2 Those who get the most money, should get more.

3 Those who get the least money should get less.

4 We will do whatever is necessary to keep the USA government happy.

5 If any Australian citizen is in strife overseas, they are on their own.

6 If any government minister wants to help his mates, he shall not have to be held accountable.

7 The government shall not be held accountable.

8 It is most important that the electorate tells the government what it wants, so that it can appease the most voters.

so you want that 1000 dollars back when you don't pay any tax

I and quite a number off tax payers have paid tax that is double what some wage earners have grossed yeh that's right get real

3000 dollars as a maximum for you to claim for an accountant get real

oh by the way vote labour /greens and pay more tax that scum labour will and are going after your hard earned money its in their policy neil

Yenn, very satirical, but you can't say that those 8 points form their manifesto because they've never published one.

And just for Sturmbannführer Storchy, neither have Labor, Greens, Pauline, nor Clive.

Oh! I'm wrong. Pauline's has been made into a movie

[ATTACH]50016._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1555314359413.png.917765244d30b76df9d20a57947bb646.png