Political Humour.

Phil Perry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The terminology is interesting when they talk about a problem with African gangs. In modern times, it's a continent consisting of many countries with different ethnic groups, eg: black, white, Chinese, Indian etc.. I guess with political correctness, people don't want to bite the bullet and say black African gangs. Where I come from, there's a large Sudanese community that's been there for decades. They are always referred to as Sudanese and not African.

So if it can't be pinpointed to a specific country, that's what they are - black gangs whose members were born in a country on the African continent, or descendants of those who were. I work with some white Africans who are definitely not gang members, but when it comes to gangs, it seems like nobody wants to say black - just the continent is referred to. It's a broad term like Asians. People from Eastern Turkey to Japan are all Asians. I've been called European by Aboriginal people who didn't have a clue about where my ancestors came from. They were just being politically correct by not calling me white. It can get a bit confusing.

Stop reading those Sydney papers OME Dutton tried to stir that one up for political purposes.. I walked across Melbourne central twice on Thursday and nothing happened. I guess I was just lucky.. Melbourne has dropped to #2 behind Vienna so things are really going bad down here. Fastest growing place in Australia.. . Nev.

In Islam they say that the testimony of a woman is worth half that of a man.

In the US Senate SCOTUS committee meeting they say that the testimony of a man is worth half that of a woman.

And yet the Republican senators managed to ignore the testimony of all the women claiming Kavanaugh sexually harrassed and tried to rape them, the FBI was restricted to a week-long investigation and only allowed to talk to witnesses that he designated.

Given that there were at least two women and only one man, and his version of events is being believed, that must mean the testimony of a woman in the US is worth less than half of that of a man.

U.S. law is a strange thing indeed Marty. Difficult to separate the politics from the law. FBI ( apparently ) do not have a remit to investigate such cases until and unless it has been reported to the police at the time and in the area where the alleged attack occurred, which it never was ( allegedly ) Six previous FBI investigations into this judge found nothing ( reportedly ) naughty in previous background checks for other judicial appointments. Dr. Ford has ( allegedly ) withdrawn the charge. This would now make a police investigation unlikely. And difficult due to the statute of limiitations in Maryland. So I guess we shall never know for sure. Kavanaugh is, however, forever tainted.

So Trumpy's got his conservative justice majority in the SCOTUS for the moment, whether this will save him in the long run is moot. There will almost certainly be a Democrat backlash in the mid terms, and he could well lose control of both houses, since many repubs do not like him one bit either. . .. I'm sure he is praying for Ginsberg to pop her clogs or stand down voluntarily as, she is reported to be increasingly frail. . . so that he can replace her with that catholic, anti-abortion rabid hard right Lady judge waiting in the wings.

Where did you hear that Ford withdrew her allegation? I would think it unlikely for her to go through the stress of testifying publicly in front of the Senate and then withdraw it after.

I don't know whether he actually assaulted her or not, and apart from her, him and his mate who was allegedly in the room at the time, neither does anyone else. However I do know that Trump has rooted the USA in one more manner by appointing another conservative religious nut job as a Supreme Court justice, whose term will long outlast Trump's even if they're stupid enough to vote him in again. What a legacy.

It was all politics, at any other time a candidate with that whiff of skeletons in the closet would have been given their marching orders, even by the republicans. However it seems likely that they will get their ar*ses handed to them in the mid-terms, so if they didn't get a right-winger on the bench now, they'd have missed their chance.

Ah well. At least they make our politicians look semi-competent.

Marty,. . .I asked Wifey where she got the info from, she mentioned it very early this morning but couldn't remember where she read it.

So I did some Clouseauing. . . .

Ford won't pursue allegations against Kavanaugh further

The report doesn't actually say CBF is withdrawing her allegation againsr Kavanaugh, which is the way Wifey worded it,. . .It says she is not going to pursue the claim. . . .the Mrs said well it amounts to a similar thing so I forgive her. IT DOESN'T actually mean the same thing, but Wifey female logic says it does. ( ! )

I'm not surprised she's not pursuing it further - she's had 40 years to do so if she had wanted to. I believe she brought it up now because the Senate were about to approve the nomination to the highest court of the land, to a man who she believes assaulted her.

Especially as this man is a social conservative who will have the casting vote on many issues such as women's freedom of choice.

Also, as you mention Phil there's statute of limitations issues so any legal case probably wouldn't get up.

We all like to rubbish Trump, but looking at his record it seems to m that the USA is on a winner. He is looking after US trade and workers, but he is upsetting the political hacks. Considering how the US has run up massive debts through buying foreign Trump may be doing some good to redress the balance.

As far as foreign relations, we have the yanks and N. Koreans talking. that was never going to happen with the old politically correct mob.

Personally I think Trump is an idiot, but he may just be the idiot that the Yanks need now.

We all like to rubbish Trump, but looking at his record it seems to m that the USA is on a winner. He is looking after US trade and workers, but he is upsetting the political hacks. Considering how the US has run up massive debts through buying foreign Trump may be doing some good to redress the balance.As far as foreign relations, we have the yanks and N. Koreans talking. that was never going to happen with the old politically correct mob.

Personally I think Trump is an idiot, but he may just be the idiot that the Yanks need now.

There's an upturn in the economy and lower unemployment. Probably not even due to him.

On the other side of the ledger, he's pulled out of Paris climate accord, given hope to the worst elements of US society (white supremacists and the NRA), gutted the EPA, worsened race relations, started a trade war with China, loves dictators but treats democratic leaders like sh!t. He lies on a daily basis and gets all his information from a rabid conservative tv show.

Under him the Presidency has become a joke and by extension the US too.

He is nothing but a cashed-up bogan redneck and the whole world will breathe a sigh of relief when he's voted out or preferably impeached.