Dual Nationality and SSM

old man emu

They reckon a man needs numerous wives. A good one for bed, a good looker to show off when you go out somewhere to make the other guys lust hopelessly and be jealous of you. Also a strong worker, slave, cook ,fetchermite always laugh at your jokes, to work for you, pick up your used clothes (you fat slob) Not U Marty.

I wonder what THEY want???? I think it might be to eventually replace YOUR mother, after she's (the wife) has spent years telling you what a disappointment you are and fussing over the kids mostly. even when as grown ups they come back, while you try to keep out of her way for a quiet time. Nev

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty said. There's nothing to stop 3 (or more) people being in long term relationships now, if that's what they want. However I don't think anyone would seriously call for marriage to be extended to more than 2 people.

That's what I thought about same sex marriage. Just the fact that you brought it up could be enough to start the LGBTQY group lobbying for it.

Whoa! Don't go there.

Life's simple when you have a wife.

There's only one lovely fickle individual to please (& hopefully to pleasure).

But if I had TWO wives, it would be like having my life run by a committee.

No thanks.

Banish that thought.

Our law says that my wife (s) have the say on medical issues.

I can just see it now.....

There I am in a hospital bed, at deaths door.

My loyal wives are by my side as always.

My lovely compassionate wife No1 says: "Go towards the light"

My lovely wife No2 yelling "Come back, come back. You haven't mowed the lawn!"

They reckon a man needs numerous wives. A good one for bed, a good looker to show off when you go out somewhere to make the other guys lust hopelessly and be jealous of you. Also a strong worker, slave, cook ,fetchermite always laugh at your jokes, to work for you, pick up your used clothes (you fat slob) Not U Marty.I wonder what THEY want???? I think it might be to eventually replace YOUR mother, after she's (the wife) has spent years telling you what a disappointment you are and fussing over the kids mostly. even when as grown ups they come back, while you try to keep out of her way for a quiet time. Nev

Goes the other way too Nev. My wife reckons she needs an additional husband to help me get all the stuff done around the house. (She didn't mention the bedroom but probably thought it!)

Like I've said before, two wives means two mothers in law. God forbid! Unless you marry sisters of course. (What ever happened to Jack Thompson?).

I read an article about the "original" Siamese twins, a set of conjoined male twins back in the late 19th or early 20th century. After a career (if you can call it that) in the circus, they married sisters, all lived together (obviously) and had many children.Interesting to speculate on their marital arrangements in the boudoir, privacy not being an option!

It's women who have the real problem... they need a good and faithful provider and also good genes for their children. If they don't come in the same package they have to fool the provider that he is the father and not that hunky guy she sees sometimes.

From dna testing, they found about 15% of kids in an indian village were not related to their "father", and this in a place where women could be killed for infidelity.

I gather that the percentage is much higher in good ole USA. But then again, consider that the stats were collected from people who had done the DNA check. IE; only people who already had reason to suspect that their wives had been adding a little diversity to the family gene pool.

Gosh Nomad, I didn't know that about the USA, and Australia would be similar. Bugger, no other woman has wanted my genes..and yet my kids are OK. I think they really are mine.... what is the percentage here do you think?

M d

"However I don't think anyone would seriously call for marriage to be extended to more than 2 people."

And why shouldn't they have the same marriage laws, they have the same expectations of living together, but outside the "Law" that SSM participants are now enjoying.

I didn't know theirs was the eternal-triangle.

spacesailor

M d"However I don't think anyone would seriously call for marriage to be extended to more than 2 people."

And why shouldn't they have the same marriage laws, they have the same expectations of living together, but outside the "Law" that SSM participants are now enjoying.

I didn't know theirs was the eternal-triangle.

spacesailor

Who knows, maybe some enlightened society one day will allow multiple adults to marry. But I don't think, at this point in time, that there'd be many "triangles" where all participants are equally committed to both the others.

Still can't comprehend why do so many folks revere marriage...........

I've tried it more than once (call me a slow learner. I don't mind).

I'm happy now but that's not BECAUSE of marriage. It's in spite of it. Marriage didn't make it so, personalities did.