Dual Nationality and SSM

old man emu

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red, if you're filling out a form and it says "Partner", and that offends you... then just cross it out and write "Wife". No one will care.

I would suggest that many forms just need to establish your connection and entitlements with respect to another person. Perhaps it is just easier to have one category rather than wife?husband, spouse SS partner ect. I am sure it is nothing to be offended about.

Some hospitals no longer record the gender on birth records "in case they wish to change it later,

Really???? That may require some evidence. Red you are free to use pretty much any language you want. in what way are you being restricted? Certainly not legally. But this does not and should not protect you from criticism. You may feel that the criticism is unfair but that is just how it is.

The right to free speech does not mean that your free speech cannot be criticised.

"The amount of government time spent on this issue shows the disproportionate amount of attention that this issue is given.

Likewise, the media and big corporate justify their amount of focus on the issue by blatantly exaggerating how large the LGBTI population is as a whole."

Out of 25 million people less than 1/2 of one percent are LGBTI (homosexual). 61.6 per cent of people voted 'yes' and 38.4 per cent of people voted 'no';

The figures don't seem to add up .

spacesailor

Where did you get the Homosexual figure? It's generally recognised as around 7% of men and I have no idea of the % of women is but there's no shortage of them and doesn't vary much around the world. Places Like Iran and Putin's Russia say they have none but I comfortably suggest they are not correct. Nev

Octave, did you read my post #77? It's getting to the stage that when filling in a form, when listing an emergency contact, you will have to list their relationship as Partner, not Wife. Maybe not just yet, but that's the way it's heading.Just one more "Politically Correct, don't upset the LGBTTQI lot" rule. They seem to be able to upset us traditionalists daily without restriction.

You are asked about the relationship with your emergency contact. It is up to you how you describe - husband, daughter, father, codependent, de-facto, lover, brother, wife etc

"Wife of xxx" in many "cultures" often means owned by.....xxx. Perhaps OK if you can manage to get it but not particularly enlightened. I can understand why MEN in these "Cultures" are reluctant to give up the POWER they have over their "slave" Women . and you can have more than one . It "proves" how worthy and rich you are.. IF you have more than one wife (at a time) you are NUTS..Nev.

Barnaby Joyce getting a "big swing" simply shows that most people thought the whole thing was a bit of money-wasting nonsense.

I would not normally vote for Joyce but would have in this bye-election just to show my displeasure at the nonsense of the whole thing. As if a person born in Australia can be regarded as a "foreigner" is just rubbish.

NOTHING would make ME vote for Joyce. He plays them well, proving their stupidity constantly. Coal and fracking and not stopping water stealing is his Forte. FARMERS should have none of that. Unanimous judgement of the entire panel of High Court Judges but he extracted a strong sympathy vote by playing hard done by, by a corrupt system. Comes very close to being in contempt of court quite frankly.. Nev

Barnaby was going to be declared an Aussie through and through according to the PM. Didn't happen. The PM and Barnaby both held our constitution in contempt. They are still holding it in contempt trying to get rid of opposition, but not worried about any of their own who may not be properly elected.

It is time for our politicians to comply with the constitution, rather than continue with their schoolyard antics.

It was sickening to watch. All the self congratulation and joy in the parliament. It will probably go down in history as the greatest decision ever made in the Australian Parliament. but what does it all mean, compared to all the other decisions that parliament should be making.

There may be a good side to it though. Maybe we can get a postal vote on going to war for Trump, rather than have the PM make a decision for us, without it even going to a vote.

• 4 weeks later...

AND

Here's a new slant on that SSM!.

My Friendly Homosexual lad would also like to get married, But his partner (only one) is Bisexual and wants to keep his (female) girl-friend,

So can we have a new plebiscite to change the monogamy law, that Mormons don't like?.

spacesailor

Bit like your wife (in a hetero sense) want's to keep her favourite Boyfriend as well. It's the polygamy aspect ( multiple partners) at issue Our society works on the assumption of successful monogamy. Since most marriages fail (or about 1/2) it's a big hope rather than a done thing. We live longer and our occupations often take partners away from each other. You spend more time at your workplace than directly relating to your wife, and you are tired out when with her often. which isn't a fair test. Interests change too, lifes goals and values change. You might just drift apart if you don't work on it. Nev

3's a crowd. Usually one of them gets picked on. Trouble is every individual brings their families and relatives into the equation, and a giant house isn't big enough, nor is your wallet. I'm realistic enough to realise I can't please every woman, as I'm flat out pleasing one (or rising to their expectations). I'd love to be as good as they thought I might be. Nev