Ice drug problem

Bruce

condone the use off illegal drugs you sayhave you

been on the scene off

18 year old girl that said she could fly from the fourth floor off a block flats 1968 high on drugs landed 5ft from me

an 18 year old in a commodore that head on to a truck at impact 200 plus kph 1983 high on drugs

a mother bashed by a 16 year old high on drugs 2002

truck driver high on ox blood tips truck over killing his mate 2005 high on drugs

grandmother bashed cause she would not give grandson money for drugs high on drugs 2008

2011 theft from my ute engle fridge by a drug user

would you dumb pieces of xxxxxx get out in to the real world

neil

this is what happens if people stay on the drugs, they don't just drag themselves down they drag down their friends and families and random idiots like yourself

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farri,Were are the legal painkillers, without a doctors script?. And only Canberra has personal drug use (for the Pollies?).The rest of us Aussies break the law if we get help outside of the normal places.And with 60% burns, aspirin doesn't work! Try wet shaving with a face full of scars, after a few years bleeding each day, you shave the bad bits off.spacesailor

If it`s yourself you are referring to, you have my greatest sympathy as I would have, for anyone else, however, it doesn`t have anything to do with what I`ve been trying to say, which is!... To have any real affect on the elicit drug trade, I believe the users have to be seen as being responsible for creating the demand, therefore accountable, not just as victims of evil drug producers and pushers.

I wonder how many new users of Ice or any other elicit drug, there are today, from last night`s parties?... I reckon there will be and I also reckon they made the choice to put the stuff in their mouths or anywhere else they put it.

Frank.

been on the scene off

18 year old girl that said she could fly from the fourth floor off a block flats 1968 high on drugs landed 5ft from me

an 18 year old in a commodore that head on to a truck at impact 200 plus kph 1983 high on drugs

truck driver high on ox blood tips truck over killing his mate 2005 high on drugs

grandmother bashed cause she would not give grandson money for drugs high on drugs 2008

neil

Tell me the difference between the legal drugs and the illegal ones.

Bloke in the USA today (or yesterday) plowed his ute into a crowd injuring 28 people. Pissed as a nit. LEGAL drug.

How many fatalities in Australia are caused by drink driving? LEGAL drug.

How much domestic violence, family violence, sexual assault, other assaults caused by alcohol? LEGAL drug.

How many people get all sorts of diseases including cancers and diabetes from smoking, shortens their lifespan and puts a huge drain on the public health system? LEGAL drug.

Nice.

M-d

legal is "prescribed" by doctor, illegal, same drug bought elsewhere.

Farri not me, I got over the "Prescribed opiates" cold turkey, as I was very young, (After a lot of years use).

A close acquaintance of mine, was a truckie that made the mainline news, after his accident, ( he went into the servo to get a new "earth-wire" but they had run out of them(

truckies often drive off without unfastening the earthing lead))

spacesailor.

PS

The truck y was told $10m, was coming his way. But he tried to go back to work (driving) but had an accident because of his burnt hand & missing finger's, ( lost his house & wife)

So they (BasXXXx) cut his compo by half. He spent most of it in his local booz club to alleviate his pain and the loss of his livelihood, never to drive a big rig again because the RTA took his licence away for medical reasons.

Last heard had to do a physical for the Social Services, to keep his pension, out come not known!.

His sister kept me informed.

spacesailor

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I am afraid I like the lead poisoning solution for the drug importers and manufacturers. These guys that bring in 50 million etc in drugs know exactly what they are doing and the consequences should be...sorry bud you no longer have the right to destroy so many peoples lives...isnt there a saying about the few outweighing the many.....a few major drug importers or manufacturers being taken out permanently saves thousands and thousands of peoples lives...isnt that a good thing...then the deterent is for the top end of town in the drug system...not on the users or the ones addicted who then can be assisted to get off the drugs and education can keep others from even going there. Chop the head off the snake so you can then try to fix the rest of the forest. Then again I am no do gooder I am a realist not a fantastist

Mark

Mark, you might be a realist but the reality of the "war on drugs", where successive US governments since Reagan have been just as gung ho as you suggest on dealers and importers, has not reduced the problem one iota.

If you decriminalise it and offer pharmaceutical-grade regulated drugs then there's no market for the criminals. End of problem.

As far as my thoughts go on drugs go trace eliments should be allowed to be administered to the top importers of drugs

As Kyle said the head of the one snake chopped off the trouble is not going to do any good to catch the rest off the snakes put out a saucer off milk

If asked why do you take or use ice or drugs

Make me feel good and I can

I have found that in my opinion they have no respect for their own body Neil

The problem with your solution Marty is all the druggos will still be running around stealing from people to afford to buy their "pharmaceutical grade low priced legalised drugs because they are too stoned to go out and get a job to support them or their families. This is the other conversation all the "make it legal" supporters dont come up with any answers on, how are you then going to get all those current drug users off the drugs not to mention now the drugs are cheaper and "safer" so all the young ones who had the crap frightened out of them about the crap that gets put into street drugs and they are afraid to give them a go either by curiosity or peer group pressure because now they are "SAFE". It wont stop the problem of using drugs it may stop the illegal dealers but I dont believe it will stop the problem at all. The only way to stop it is to cut the supply...make them all go cold turkey or help to get over withdrawls but first you have to make sure there is no supply and to do that you need a incentive...and a good dose of lead poisoning is a good start

And another thing that pisses me off...they wont do what is necessary to stop real drug barons yet where is legal euthenasia...it should be a right to be able to end your life if you are terminal..also what about still the garbage on medical MJ for cancer patients and kids witth seizures etc etc...its been a WW3 battle and we really still are not there on these SIMPLE fronts yet you want to legalise HARD drugs?......some might think the cart is well before the horse......sorry but got the hairs up on the back of my neck...there are not many subjects that rattle my cage but these 3 are

This is a subject I have little practical knowledge of but there's no supply without a demand. Australia has the population who pay the worlds highest prices for drugs generally. IF it COSTS, people will do criminal acts to get the money once they are addicts. Nev

It's not a simple problem and it doesn't have simple solutions.

However countries like Portugal have decriminalised hard drugs, spent the law enforcement money on support and rehabilitation services, and they've had some good results.

Yes it sounds great to assassinate cartel heads, well guess what, they do that to each other in Mexico & Columbia and you know what happens? The second in command steps up and they just buy or kill more judges. And kill civilians. But what happens if you decriminalise it all? The bottom drops out of their market. No junkie is going to spend $50 on a dodgy cut-with-baby-powder hit when they can buy a safe pure dose and have a clean area with nurses on hand to take it.

The problem with your solution Marty is all the druggos will still be running around stealing from people to afford to buy their "pharmaceutical grade low priced legalised drugs because they are too stoned to go out and get a job to support them or their families. This is the other conversation all the "make it legal" supporters dont come up with any answers on, how are you then going to get all those current drug users off the drugs not to mention now the drugs are cheaper and "safer" so all the young ones who had the crap frightened out of them about the crap that gets put into street drugs and they are afraid to give them a go either by curiosity or peer group pressure because now they are "SAFE".

Couple of points there. The legal drugs will be lower price than black market stuff, obviously, so crime goes down. If they're addicted then they're going to keep doing drugs whether they're legal or not, so I don't know how you want me to fix that.

In answer to your second point about kids being more attracted to "safer" cheaper drugs, data from Portugal from 2001-2007 (their laws changed in 2001) shows that the increase in drug users in Portugal is not greater than surrounding countries that did not change their laws. Also drug use among 13-15 year olds decreased, drug related crime decreased and the number of drug related deaths went from 131 in 2001, to 20 in 2008.

Also, look at the current situation. Kids go to raves and take drugs. Sometimes that has tragic effects, there's been a few in the news recently with multiple hospitalisations. If they're going to do it anyway, shouldn't they take drugs that aren't going to kill them?

Alcohol is legal but we're not all alcoholics. As far as I know, when the US tried Prohibition in the 1920's, it didn't reduce consumption - just increased crime.

Just saying that we should look at hard data about what has and hasn't worked around the world. The US has proved that hardline drug policy doesn't work. Portugal has proved that other methods have.

Ok riddle me this...if you decriminalize these drugs..what happens with all the idiots driving their cars like now. The western highway out of Brisbane in the northside is called the "crystal highway" the Dagular Highway...I drive it to work and back 4 days a week. The copper get so many drugged drivers on this road every day it really isnt funny..the local stats are 1 in 6 drivers are drug affected...decriminalize these drugs and then what do you do?...they will just drive on cleaner drugs ?. I just did some research on Portugal after you said it as I didnt know they had done it. I will ask my mate who is Portuguese and has been back there recently and see what he says from first hand knowledge and here is a quote

"

Portugal decriminalised the use of all drugs in 2001. Weed, cocaine, heroin, you name it — Portugal decided to treat possession and use of small quantities of these drugs as a public health issue, not a criminal one. The drugs were still illegal, of course. But now getting caught with them meant a small fine and maybe a referral to a treatment program — not jail time and a criminal record.

Among Portuguese adults, there are 3 drug overdose deaths for every 1,000,000 citizens. Comparable numbers in other countries range from 10.2 per million in the Netherlands to 44.6 per million in the UK, all the way up to 126.8 per million in Estonia. The EU average is 17.3 per million.

more significantly, the report notes that the use of "legal highs" – like so-called "synthetic" marijuana, "bath salts" and the like – is lower in Portugal than in any of the other countries for which reliable data exists. This makes a lot of intuitive sense: why bother with fake weed or dangerous designer drugs when you can get the real stuff? This is arguably a positive development for public health in the sense that many of the designer drugs that people develop to skirt existing drug laws have terrible and often deadly side effects.Drug use and drug deaths are complicated phenomena. They have many underlying causes. Portugal's low death rate can't be attributable solely to decriminalisation. As Dr. Joao Goulao, the architect of the country's decriminalization policy, has said, "it's very difficult to identify a causal link between decriminalisation by itself and the positive tendencies we have seen. Still, it's very clear that decriminalisation hasn't had the severe consequences that its opponents predicted. As the Transform Drug Policy Institute says in its analysis of Portugal's drug laws, "The reality is that Portugal’s drug situation has improved significantly in several key areas. Most notably, HIV infections and drug-related deaths have decreased, while the dramatic rise in use feared by some has failed to materialise."

This is from The Independant news in the UK.

So the stats seem to prove a lowering of overdoses

Long but informative article but proves if the govt doesnt support it with the bucks it wont work

Portugal’s Example: What Happened After It Decriminalized All Drugs, From Weed to Heroin | VICE News

They still have drug dealers in Portugal so I thought decriminalization is supposed to get rid of them

You need the effective rehab backup and it has to be a part of the mix. Putting people in gaol only gets them ON drugs, if they weren't already. IF you can't prevent drugs in gaol what hope have you anywhere else? BAD formulations are deadly. Buying the stuff when addicted needs money and links to violent crime. You fix the last two by having it decriminalised and controlled quality wise. Gaols are increasingly expensive and don't rehabilitate especially when run privately. Why lose their customers? Nev

been on the scene off

neil

None of that hasn't happened in multiples due to alcohol Neil, not that it makes either right.

Have an immediate family member who has been a smack addict for over 30 years now, and I grew up in a high unemployment country town where I saw boredom drive lots to drugs. At least 5 of my Mates that I can immediately remember were taken to hospital from overdosing on Magic Mushies or bagging glue, you can get those anywhere. Worked some Newell Hwy country towns as well, same thing. Watched a good friend of ours later in life lose every single thing she had including her 3 children to Speed. She would come to our house sometimes to sleep for 2 days straight.

I am changing my opinion and rate them, mild recreational drugs that is, not Ice, Smack or other seriously hard drugs, the same as alcohol, the problems are due to the individual's ability to control themselves and being illegal makes the problem worse. It also makes it exciting for young people to do something illegal.

I don't think there is enough space in this forum to determine an answer, but it's not clear cut.

Great, after years of having him on ignore, highly recommended, I get to do it all over again!

In my opinion making drugs illegal has not worked all around the world, it just gills up our courts and the never get the top hand in the fight against drugs in any country. There are those that say drug addiction is a sickness and should be treated medically and with compassion along with counsellung and rehabilitation. There are also those that say many lights drugs should be decriminalised as a way to beat it.

CRAP

I think all drugs should be absolute illegal. We build some basic dirt hut type prisons in the middle of the outback. Any person that is found either with drugs or under the influence of drugs is sent to that prison without a court case for a first offence of 3 months. A 2nd offence 6 months and 3rd offence 2 years etc. In prison they get off the drugs by force and those prisons don't have TV, swimming pools, gyms, internet etc. Any person not born in Australia and found to have drugs on them, in their house, car or under the influence, any Australian rights are cancelled and they are sent back to their country of birth with just the shirt on their back to be dealt with and all their belongings in Australia are seized and sold off to offset the cost of the prisons.

DONE

Drug use will die, insurance rates will drop, assaults and murders will drop, there will be more police able to fight other crimes, burgularies will drop, road accidents will drop, more hospital beds to reduce waiting times, quicker ambulance response times and more and more and more. Give an initial 6 months moritorium first and then BANG drug users...you're GONE

I think all drugs should be absolute illegal. We build some basic dirt hut type prisons in the middle of the outback. Any person that is found either with drugs or under the influence of drugs is sent to that prison without a court case for a first offence of 3 months. A 2nd offence 6 months and 3rd offence 2 years etc. I prison they get off the drugs by force and those prisons don't have TV, swimming pools, gyms, internet etc. Any person not born in Australia and found to have drugs on them, in their house, car or under the influence, any Australian rights are cancelled and they are sent back to their country of birth with just the shirt on their back to be dealt with and all their belongings in Australia are seized and sold off to offset the cost of the prisons.

That system works very well in China, Australia is being run by a bunch of softcocks.