Ice drug problem

Bruce

I reckon the Ice drug problem is an optional one.

The government has all the trump cards. It can give out rewards, new identities, jail sentences, assets confiscations and anything else it thinks of.

Against drug dealers, the result should be "no contest". Anybody with normal brains could come up with a system of rewards and punishments which would make it smart for any member of the drug industry to betray his organization.

You would have to get in quick to be a winner though, some other member might beat you to the post.

Just about any honest person could run such a system.This may or may not include the current police force.

The only delay would be till everybody believed that going to the government would be safe.

In the meantime, don't tell me how awful the drug situation is.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - decriminalise / legalise recreational drugs. Just like alcohol and tobacco, which are both arguably worse than most well-made other recreational drugs.

Cuts out the criminal element, the risk, the high prices, hence the user crime, the dodgy manufacture and cutting, etc etc. Plus if someone can go and buy some pure dope legally from their local pharmacy, they won't be buying ice or GHB and wrecking their brains. And if anyone thinks that legalising heroin / cocaine / marijuana will make the use of it more widespread, my question to you would be- why aren't we all alcoholics?

We have just been told of some new wonder drug that can kill by taking just a few microgrammes.

That might be just what we need. We all know that drugs are dangerous, but some idiots seem to think they will not be affected. With a deadly drug floating around in the club and drug taking scenes, anyone with any sense at all would not be taking drugs.

We will see if there really is a deadly drug on the market, or is it a scare campaign. Personally I will not be taking any risks.

You guys are right about decriminalization, but I don't think that's going to happen with the widespread puritanism we suffer from.

So how about using capitalism against the drug trade? I don't think it has ever been tried and I wonder why not.

You guys are right about decriminalization, but I don't think that's going to happen with the widespread puritanism we suffer from.So how about using capitalism against the drug trade? I don't think it has ever been tried and I wonder why not.

Well before you can use capitalism against the drug trade - ie competition in the marketplace - you have to decriminalise the product.

Nope Marty, I mean using greed AGAINST the drug sellers. This does not necessarily mean legalization.

Alas, the theory of bureaucracy says that the enforcing agency ( the police) will use the so-called crisis to get more money and power.

This is exactly what is happening in South Australia right now, where the police are asking for uninhibited powers of search if they suspect drugs may be involved.

the QLD labor gov just announced a new 200 cell extension to an existing prison that worked out to be $1.2M per cell. Now think about what size house you can build with $1.2M compared to the 3M x 4M concrete prison cell. There must be some huge profits and political kick backs in the prison economy.

F.T.

See, that amount of money is a very good incentive for paying Indonesia to take them off our hands. But no returns please.

As for the do-gooder's , let them look on the Fact, hospitals kick out patients who have been on drugs, with-out any help to get off them.

spacesailor

If there were no manufacturers and dealers, there would be no illicit drugs and if there were no users, there would be no demand! From what I understand, the demand exceeds supply, therefore, I can`t see how the illicit drugs, Ice or any other drug, situation is going to change much until the users are held responsible for being part of the situation.

Everyone needs to accept that before becoming addicted to any drug, it has to be consumed! if a case can be made that the user is just a poor victim,then a case can be made that the dealer is just a poor victim, also.

Manufacturing, dealing, distributing and consuming are all part of the same problem.

Frank.

Farri

"if a case can be made that the user is just a poor victim,"

People who have had major surgery, and prolonged hospital stay's, often have addiction,s to the medications administered by the hospital.

A "victim" I know was blown over a service station when filling his truck due to "no earth lead", lost part of his face and a couple of finger's.

Took an awful long time recover, and had to take to the demon drink for the pain he was in, over five years to get better.

If he got busted for smoking "pot" I would say he was a victim.

spacesailor

Space, how is a car or truck earthed during refueling normally? I remember years ago seeing fuel tanker trucks dangling a bit of chain.

So what is different between the car and the plane, where I have to attach 2 earth leads?

Sorry about the thread drift but I don't want to get blown up like your mate.

People who have had major surgery, and prolonged hospital stay's, often have addiction,s to the medications administered by the hospital.

spacesalor, You may have missed the fact that I specifically said "illicit drugs"...There`s a very big difference between those who take illicit drugs and those who require medical attention and use prescribed drugs...To my mind, there`s also a very big difference between those who smoke Pot and those who might benefit from medicinal Marihuana...Having said that, there are those who have smoked Pot most of their lives and say it has done them no noticeable harm...I don`t know if that is correct so I`ll leave that issue alone.

I believe the illicit drug users are those who are driving the illicit drug trade... As I said in my previous post, without users there would be no demand and without producers and distributors there would be no supply...Chicken and the egg situation.

Frank.

I don`t profess to know the answer to the issue but I don`t think it should be about the law, it really should be about finding the best way to address the manufacturing, supply and demand...Just my opinion, but starting with the users and correct education in our schools, is not a bad place to start.

Will decriminalization mean addicts will be given the fix they need at the tax payers expense?...I dare say it will.

Frank.

Medication may well cost a fraction of detention but are all the addicts going to take the medication without being forced to do so?

I don`t think detention, without any form of rehabilitation, does much, if anything, to solve the problem! Detention cost the tax payer an enormous amount of $$$ that could be better spent elsewhere.

Drug Facts & Information - ice, cannabis, ecstasy, cocaine & other drugs

Frank.

Farri,

Were are the legal painkillers, without a doctors script?. And only Canberra has personal drug use (for the Pollies?).

The rest of us Aussies break the law if we get help outside of the normal places.

And with 60% burns, aspirin doesn't work! Try wet shaving with a face full of scars, after a few years bleeding each day, you shave the bad bits off.

spacesailor

condone the use off illegal drugs you say

have you

been on the scene off

18 year old girl that said she could fly from the fourth floor off a block flats 1968 high on drugs landed 5ft from me

an 18 year old in a commodore that head on to a truck at impact 200 plus kph 1983 high on drugs

a mother bashed by a 16 year old high on drugs 2002

truck driver high on ox blood tips truck over killing his mate 2005 high on drugs

grandmother bashed cause she would not give grandson money for drugs high on drugs 2008

2011 theft from my ute engle fridge by a drug user

would you dumb pieces of xxxxxx get out in to the real world

neil

I would like to see the medicalization of all drugs, so that doctors could prescribe anything to the sort of people space refers to. Alas, we are years from that happening in our puritan society. Mind you, there is talk of medical marihuana .

In the meantime,what we have is the worst of all worlds, where drugs are the monopoly of criminals and yet readily available to even young people leading to the terrible things storchy refers to.

If you were a kid and you could shop your supplier for $1000, I bet it would be hard to sell even to those you thought were loyal customers.

Gosh I might have a go myself at getting the money.

And if you were a hit man, what if you could get even bigger money than the drug lord was offering plus immunity plus a new identity for scamming the hit and then betraying your employer?

That's what I mean by using capitalism against the drug suppliers.