When did the idea of anthropomorphic "gods" arise?

old man emu

10 hours ago, onetrack said:

I guess you all realise that the very first hand-made idols were nearly always of the female form? Get a look at the tits on these! Nothing's changed in 30,000 years!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_figurine

Must have been  a American artefact- they still worship un naturally big mammary glands.

But God had to be female - to this day, females are the 'givers of life'.

Further,  when you look closely at the design features designed into the human body,  I can only conclude that god  is also an engineer.

So many poor design features and they are all left unfixed in the production line.

So god is a female engineer!

Ugh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Constantine declared the triumvirate when the others couldn't come to a decision.. Muslims say there is no god but Allah. But you are not allowed to have images of it. Mohammed is the final Prophet. Jesus was also a prophet but superceded by a "better" one that you have to speak Arabic to understand.  Nev

• Like 1

9 hours ago, facthunter said:

Constantine declared the triumvirate when the others couldn't come to a decision.. Muslims say there is no god but Allah. But you are not allowed to have images of it. Mohammed is the final Prophet. Jesus was also a prophet but superceded by a "better" one that you have to speak Arabic to understand.  Nev

They’e still at the stage the Catholic Church was centuries ago, when it burned alive the bloke who dared to translate the Latin Bible into English.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2023 at 12:10 PM, facthunter said:

Muslims say there is no god but Allah.

That part gets misunderstood by a lot of people. To a Muslim, Allah (Arabic for God) and the Christian God are one and the same. Their beef with Christianity is not God, but the Trinity, ie: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit being one. Muslims recognise Jesus as a prophet only and are of the opinion Christians are blaspheming by treating a prophet as God. Some people say Islam is the purest religion because of a belief in one God and not many like some religions. In the Trinity, Muslims believe Christians worship more than one God; Christians, on the other hand, believe the Muslims misunderstand the concept of the Trinity. They'll probably headbutt each other forever over it.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Well I started a school called "trinity college"and I was too scared to ask after I nearly got burned at the stake aver the level spirit happening. So I asked an old mate, who lives in a suburb of Adelaide called Trinity Gardens.

He said the answer was to turn on the asker and ask him " who or what  put that blasphemous question in your head?

SO, on the subject of the trinity, you can count be as a muslim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

Well I started a school called "trinity college"and I was too scared to ask after I nearly got burned at the stake aver the level spirit happening. So I asked an old mate, who lives in a suburb of Adelaide called Trinity Gardens.

He said the answer was to turn on the asker and ask him " who or what  put that blasphemous question in your head?

SO, on the subject of the trinity, you can count be as a muslim.

image.thumb.jpeg.b3f7d7c6057a75f1c8589d61e1fd255e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

For the avoidance of doubt, I agree with the above for all religions (and other things, like, I dunno, Putin making it illegal to call the war a war); not just Islam - though it has to be said, in modern times, at least some elements of the middle-eeast  version of Islam does seem to take it to extremes at the moment.

• Like 2

The 2  significant Muslim VARIANTS Sunny and Shi ite fight and kill each other much the same as Cartolic and Protestant did in Ireland  . Wahabi is a more extreme   Saudi Verson of Sunny and Bahia seems the least crazy of al to an atheist like me  who just wants to be left alone by these people who KNOW god but don't know humanity and want to FORCE their "BELIEFS" on to all.   Nev

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1