Thanks, Chaps!

4 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

My, how time flies - I joined 7 years ago!! It does not seem that lkong at all. Yet, there was some trepidation, as it was only an aviation baord basically, and a recreationaly flying one at that. Would I be accepted being an ex-pat…?

Jerry you have been accepted, despite being from south of the border and following that strange jumping-up-in-the-air game!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I have taken a little stoll down the forum memoy lane (and am about to resurrect another long forgotten thread).  My, how time flies - I joined 7 years ago!! It does not seem that lkong at all. Yet, there was some trepidation, as it was only an aviation baord basically, and a recreationaly flying one at that. Would I be accepted being an ex-pat and a GA pilot (at the time)?

Well, a lot of water has flowed under the bridge that was built, and I know I am an opinonated SoB. But the engagement on this and the mother-forum has become an integral part of my life - yes I have non-virtual friends, but I really enjoy the chat, banter, debate, and general comraderie - and of course all of you suffering my typos (believe it or not, I took a dyslexia test and failed it.. I am not lyxdexic (typo intended). The intercourse here has mostly been civil in both agreement and disagreement. I, like many, have had my faux pars.. and everyone here (and largely on the other site), have been fantastic.

So, thanks to you all.. I know I bang on a bit.. but I just wanted you all to know I value being part of the community. And when I am back in Aus, beware.. I may look you up.

It's all because we understand Wolfie language, Jerry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went yachting for a quiet weekend once , and after an early Friday start , the wife & I were bunked down for the night .

Then

about 10 pm , we nad a constant tapping on the hull ! .

On inspection my youngest daughter,  partner & their two children had come visiting. 

Next morning sitting down to breakfast  .

Tat- tap - tapping,  again.

My eldest daughter  , partner  & two boys have come for breakfast. 

Eight extra mouths to feed on a boat LoL. 

Just hoping my other two daughters  would not arrive with their brood .

THE WIFE WOULD HAVE MUTINIED. 

As I write this , my youngest daughter is coming,  tomorrow , from Dubbo .

spacesailor

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, spacesailor said:

I went yachting for a quiet weekend once , and after an early Friday start , the wife & I were bunked down for the night .

Then

about 10 pm , we nad a constant tapping on the hull ! .

On inspection my youngest daughter,  partner & their two children had come visiting. 

Next morning sitting down to breakfast  .

Tat- tap - tapping,  again.

My eldest daughter  , partner  & two boys have come for breakfast. 

Eight extra mouths to feed on a boat LoL. 

Just hoping my other two daughters  would not arrive with their brood .

THE WIFE WOULD HAVE MUTINIED. 

As I write this , my youngest daughter is coming,  tomorrow , from Dubbo .

spacesailor

You lucky bugger, Spacey! Too many older people never see their kids. I know several who haven’t seen their grandies ever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1