Name that quote

ayavner

Are you sure Ian intended this forum to slide down into this morass of intellectuality????

Oh, Nomadpete. You're such a Palestine.spacer.png

Hiho, you're on the right page, but Daniel didn't say it.

"It’s lookin’ crook," said Daniel Croke;

"Bedad, it’s cruke, me lad

For never since the banks went broke

Has seasons been so bad."

Begorrah, I've almost let the leprechaun slip.

OME

John O'Brien was a pen name, he was actually Father Hartigan, a priest in Narrandera. The names of the characters in the poem were all real local families, like the Cronks. I went to school with some of them. (Sorry, not funny, but perhaps interesting).

They say, you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. ( A version of a "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet".

I just love. I now nothing about anything in this line of business so I will bring a fresh approach to running it. This makes a virtue of ignorance. A questionable process, if you apply logic at all. Nev

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
"So, whose got the family brain cell today?"

Fewer and Fewer of us David,. . .if this American university study is to be believed. . . .!

[ATTACH]49032._xfImport[/ATTACH]

( Jaysus ! in 2110, who the heck is going to repair all the airliner and Jabiru engines and all the foodmaking equipment at Pizza Huts and Maccy D's ? ? WE ARE ALL DOOMED I TELL YOU. . .DOOMED ! ! ! )

According to MENSA tests,. . .My two Daughters scored 128 and 122 respectively, whilst at their respective Universities. . ( Eldest first [35 today - Youngest - 33 August just gone ] which PROVES conclusively that they were conceived whilst I was working away. . . .( I scored so low that I wasn't allowed to take any tests. . .I said 'WHY NOT ?. . .they said that if I had an IQ higher than 42, I would Know the answer to that. . . . Barstards. . .)

1968550338_WORLDIQOVERTIME.thumb.jpg.584bf541199b10fff4334f9a5e33ece7.jpg

Fewer and Fewer of us David,. . .if this American university study is to be believed. . . .! 

[ATTACH=full]2676[/ATTACH]

( Jaysus ! in 2110, who the heck is going to repair all the airliner and Jabiru engines and all the foodmaking equipment at Pizza Huts and Maccy D's ? ? WE ARE ALL DOOMED I TELL YOU. . .DOOMED ! ! ! )

According to MENSA tests,. . .My two Daughters scored 128 and 122 respectively, whilst at their respective Universities. . ( Eldest first [35 today - Youngest - 33 August just gone ] which PROVES conclusively that they were conceived whilst I was working away. . . .( I scored so low that I wasn't allowed to take any tests. . .I said 'WHY NOT ?. . .they said that if I had an IQ higher than 42, I would Know the answer to that. . . . Barstards. . .)

I think whoever did that graph is on the lower side of the spectrum, given there's no way on earth they can extrapolate something like average worldwide IQ more than a decade or so, much less 100 years.

I think whoever did that graph is on the lower side of the spectrum, given there's no way on earth they can extrapolate something like average worldwide IQ more than a decade or so, much less 100 years.

You haven't factored in the late 20th Century factors of TV, monopoly-owned newspapers, visual media domination by the USA, Internet-based social media, abandonment of the 3-Rs in education by thepromotion of multiple minority causes ........

I'm surprised that the the graph's formula is in the First Degree (y = -mx + b).