Albo's question

Yenn

I do see something important being tangentally highlighted by Spud. Yeah, it irks me to say that. But ...

Note that he is making straw man arguments about the dangers of setting up a constitutional right for a direct voice for an interest group to directly advise executive government.

Bear in mind His party, whilst in government, historically accepted advice from lobby groups on matters relating to fossil fuels. And it appeared to me they made executive decisions about energy policy that didn't reflect the will of the majority. Remember the infamous lump of coal, new coal & gas mining,  etc?

So I believe (apart from spud objecting to the 'voice' just because he is in opposition) he understands just how insidious lobby groups can be. And if the voice is not there to lobby (advise), they have no purpose.

• Like 1

LNPs lobby groups paid and paid handsomly to keep them in power. Lobby groups like the fossil fuel industry want the pound of flesh they have paid for and the LNP rolls over every time. The moderates saw this but there were too many on the right to stop it, the squabbling began to get worse, the Independents arose from the ashes & the rest is history.

Dutton & Ley are living in a differnt world now where their support base is reducing daily and they still continue with the same baseless rhetoric.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

• 2 months later...