New Bikes

willedoo

I absolutely love my E bike it has truly been a life changer.    My wife has one too and we ride on many of the rail traisl around Victoria (we aim to do them all eventually).

I ride almost every day 15 to 30km with longer adventure rides every few weeks.  I have had the bike about 18 months and have done just over 5000km and lost about 5 kg.

We get the bulk of our groceries delivered but probably every second day we need extras, this shopping I always do on my bike.  Most things I do within Geelong I would ride to. I haven't filled up my car with fuel for about 6 weeks although in better weather we do put our bikes in the car and go camping to somewhere where we can ride.

Someone mentioned corrugations, these are probably the worst for a bike.   A good thing about the rail trails is that they are not shared with cars so no corrugations.   My bike is a folding bike with 20 inch wheels and pretty chunky tyres, it also has dual suspension so a little kinder on the arse.

Here is my longest ride so far 85.7KM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4HLXSR2W0

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Well done Octave by saving so much fuel! We keep bicycles at our kid’s place in the city, where there are mobs of safe cycleways, but they don’t get used enough.

At home we have a pair of mountain bikes that easily fold into the car boot. Our town has nice cycleways but by riding to them we risk being fossilised by a B-double.

• Informative 1

My bike is a footpath-legal electric boosted bike. It is allowed to ride on a footpath at least in SA.

A legal bike has the following attributes:

1. Power is limited to 250 watts. This is about what a healthy person can output continuously.

2. max speed is 25km/hr. This is slow for a car, but fast enough for a bike.

3. You can only get out power when the pedals are moving ( pedal assist)

If it is better than this, it becomes a motorbike and can't be used on the footpaths.

I reckon its great! It's got me riding again and it costs bugger-all to run. It's safe as you don't need to mix it with angry types in their heavy cars. If they had been around, the kids would have had electric bikes for sure.

And it's just the thing to get around the farm with, like to the machinery shed from the house. A few weeks ago, it went around Lake Wallace at Edenhope ( 5km asphalt track ) with 3 dogs. My friend from Sydney had the electric bike and I rode her push-bike. Electric is better.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...