Hell's Angels seek PR Spokesperson

old man emu

The well-known social organisation for motorcyclists, The Hell's Angels Australia, is seeking a suitably qualified person for the position of Public Relations Spokesperson. Sergeant at Arms of the Sydney Charter, "Shitface" bin-Deelan, told your reporter that the time had come for the organisation to be represented before the media by a person acceptable to public opinion influencers. After much consideration and surveying of public opinion, the organisation determined that the most acceptable person to these influencers would be, ethnically, a member of the First Nations, carrying a visible physical disablement, strongly pro-Australian, and identifying as a transgender person.

Asked if it the organisation was finding it difficult to source a suitable representative, Shitface said, "Nah. We just go hang around demonstrations outside Parliament House and spot the likely ones". 

• Haha 3

You forgot to mention the level of tattoos required for the job - and of course, the tattoos can't refer to any other social motorcycling club. That reduces the field of candidates even further.

In other news, that most people won't really care about, it's been revealed the former Bandidos MCG vice president, Ricky Chapman, had a "medical episode" and couldn't be revived, whilst working as a rigger at Cape Lambert iron ore port.

There are a number of people who claim that Ricky Chapman was a "top bloke" with a "heart of gold", but these people also appear to ignore the fact that Chapman was a full-time criminal involved in constant drug-dealing, violence, thuggery, and standover tactics - and who was one of the 20 social motorcycling club members involved in the "Broadbeach brawl", whereby the 20 members of this social club hunted down a member of another social motorcycle club, with the full intention of beating him to within an inch of his life - or possibly even killing him.

I would estimate this news warrants wasting about 2 minutes of your time on, if only to give you a good feeling that the world of scumbags is down one member.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/up-late-the-life-and-times-of-former-bikie-ricky-chapman-c-6530707

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/broadbeach-bikie-brawl-all-18-accused-walk-free-from-court/news-story/f2ff4107cdc8cb46d44e36bcd56ed579

• Informative 3

You didn't get the subtle satire of my message.

The NSW Premier was asked for his opinion of transgender people playing sport against people of the opposite genetic gender. His opinion, and remember it is his right to an opinion, was that males play with males and females play with females. Now an Independent member of parliament is threatening to withdraw support from the Conservatives, thereby risking the tenure of the present government. Why? Because the Premier's personal opinion hurt the feelings of a very small percentage of the population who have a certain self image. 

As for genetic males being permitted to compete against genetic females, in sports where stamina and strength are vital components, isn't there an anti-doping law that prohibits the use of testosterone as a strength builder? A person whose body develops naturally under the influence of testosterone, can't reverse the results in bone and muscle by surgical means. 

And who is filling these pre-teens's heads with this gender identification stuff? Such behaviour has to run close to being psychological child abuse.

• Like 1

Yeah, I did get it, I just got a bit carried away with the MCG slant. I really don't understand why, in this day and age, there's such a massive accent on gender ID. I don't recall the problem being mentioned, even in hushed talk, when I was young.

I guess it's a 21st century problem. Neither do I understand why so many teenagers today are confused about their sexual orientation. We had the odd "poofter" when I was younger, but it didn't seem to be as widespread as it is now.

I'm a bit over all this crap getting shoved in my face constantly, and I blame the entertainment industry, it seems every second "entertainer" has a "different" sexuality.

All the chat shows seem to be hogged by gays, and they're the first to be "utterly outraged" and making a clamour over some perceived insult to their gayness.

Yet they carry out outrageous behaviour smearing religions (dressing up as Nuns and religious leaders) and the religion followers just take it on the chin.

I'm personally convinced that one day they'll find all these people are on the autism spectrum, what else explains their "look at me!", "look at me!" attitude.

Just a thought, but could it possibly be that in the "good ol' days", there were just as many people of diverse gender and sexuality, but because of strict society, overbearing church, and police forces that thought "poofter bashing" was not only allowable but should be encouraged, they repressed it or didn't stick their head above the parapet?

Saw an article about an old farmer the other day who's finally come out as intersex (born with both male & female genitalia).  Back then they decided you had to be one or the other so he was forced to be a boy for decades.

I think it's great that western liberal (small L) societies are finally free enough that people can be who they feel they are.  And before anyone mentions the "natural order" or how animals are one or the other, there's such a variety of gender and sexuality in Nature that it makes Freddy Mercury look like Fred Nile.

Edited by Marty_d
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, old man emu said:

Now an Independent member of parliament is threatening to withdraw support from the Conservatives, thereby risking the tenure of the present government. Why? Because the Premier's personal opinion hurt the feelings of a very small percentage of the population who have a certain self image. 

That is one interpretation; the other interpretation is that it is being used as a smokescreen for trans discrimination, and discrimination should not be tolerated regardless of the size of the minority it affects. Certainly the newspaper opinion of The Age as well as a few others are portraying it like this.. and they are not known for being overly critical of conservative views. I agree the questions of trans playing in the other biological genders' sports is something that needs to be addressed - but on the science, not on discrimination. (I am not saying it was discrimination, but the new candidate does have history, apparently). If it is discrimination, even against only one person, the Independent has by backing.

4 hours ago, old man emu said:

A person whose body develops naturally under the influence of testosterone, can't reverse the results in bone and muscle by surgical means. 

Although I agree they can't reverse bone structure, muscle is a slightly different story. Relying on hormone treatment alone only slightly reduces muscle strength over time, but, can use standard means of diet, lower weight gym exercises, etc, to reduce muscle bass. and occasionally, allow for muscle loss through inactivity. I couldn't find any studies of how muscle mass and strength would grow under hormone therapy v not.  The discussion of trans in sports has to happen, and be based on the science. Though, for me, the easiest would appear to set up a trans-league of whatever sport..

Otherwise, what Marty said.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

the questions of trans playing in the other biological genders' sports is something that needs to be addressed - but on the science, not on discrimination.

I fully agree with answering the question by the application of results obtained through the application of biological sciences. My annoyance comes from the "poor bugger me" wailing of very small minorities that can have a devastating effect on the rest of society. Would you want to go to the polls for a State election right now because one person decides to break an agreement that has enabled a government to be formed?

As for discrimination, as far as I'm concerned, I don't have the right to tell another how to live life as long as that other person does not hurt me physically or economically whilst doing so. I wonder how many people in these sexuality minorities discriminate against Anglo-Celtic, elderly males.

The whole question is one of political correctness. We have a rainbow coloured industry that it is becoming illegal to even question. Why should we not question the advisability of transgender people playing sport. Who cares if their unable to stand up to a bit of questioning. We have had the same for many years with anti semitic sayings being outlawed, even though many of the Arabs are semites.

People who are uncomfortable with identifying with the straight M or F have always been around. Currently in the states, it's 7% who have publicly identified but historically I believe it's more than that.. Making it illegal and vilifying them is not the answer.. You don't have to be one to want a fair go for them. Nev

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Making it illegal and vilifying them is not the answer.. You don't have to be one to want a fair go for them. Nev

It is probably a good thing that our society has, for most of us, abandoned poofter-bashing and those of us in the 90% hetero group being happy to accept that other sexualities exist. But as Yenn implies, it becomes a bit tedious when the 10% keep shoving their lifestyles down the throats of the 90% and forcing unnecessary changes on the majority.

9 minutes ago, old man emu said:

It is probably a good thing that our society has, for most of us, abandoned poofter-bashing

There is surely no "probably" about it.   What constitutes "shoving it down our throats?"   My sister. now in her mid 60s is gay and for many years had to keep it a secret for fear of losing her job and worse.  The last thing she ever wanted was to be the centre of attention.  She spent 3 years in the army where at that time she had to conceal who she was.   In her earlier life she had to deal with many bad things including violence.    Although things are much better as society has evolved my sister would not hold her partners hand in public for fear of a negative reaction.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, octave said:

What constitutes "shoving it down our throats?" 

Basically making demands for special benefits simply because of a different sexuality. Crying out for massive changes to the basic elements of our language. 

What did your sister's sexual preference have to do with carrying out her duties? I worked with a bloke who let everyone know that he was gay, but that never got in the way of his being on duty as rostered and doing his fair share of the work. 

I admit that male homosexuality was punished until relatively recent times, but female homosexuality was never illegal.

WELL !!!!

I thought about all the damage our '  Homosexuals ' have done to this Mother Earth, and concluded. 

WELCOME !!.

All other None Homosexuals, please don,t reproduce, we have ' over-populated ' our world, so l aplaud your ' same sex ' marriages. 

In only a few years my mind has changed from opposition to appricisation. 

All this media attention about climate change could only be helped by reducing the world population.

Personally with  !

Four children

Fifteen grand children, & 18 great grand children.

When will my family Stop.

Worrid Great Grand Dad.

spacesailor

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, old man emu said:

What did your sister's sexual preference have to do with carrying out her duties?

Exactly, but during her lifetime there were jobs that did exclude, for example her stint in the army could only have happened because she hid who she was. At the time it would have excluded her from joining.  Although more enlightened attitudes prevail now this is not so easily forgotten.  There were also jobs after this where there was no written rule against homosexuality but there were certainly social sanctions. In terms of demanding massive changes, is, this what the majority of gay or trans or intersex people are doing?    Change in language is pretty slow and I find it hard to  believe that some people find it so distressing.      It certainly is not a big cause of distress in my life. If someone wants me to refer to them as he or she or them or they I don't really lose sleep over it. As long as they ask politely I am fine with that.   Language does change.   Many years ago my mother worked in special school and they used to refer  the children as Mongoloid, with time this changed and the term became Down's syndrome   Even if people think this is woke nonsense it is not that hard to modify language in order be more accurate and up to date and perhaps just a little kinder.

20 minutes ago, old man emu said:

I admit that male homosexuality was punished until relatively recent times, but female homosexuality was never illegal.

There is more to it just whether something is illegal or not.   At one stage many many years ago my parents threw my sister out of their house.    They weren't bad people but they were terrified of what the neighbors would think.  Although after many years this sort of resolved it was never really the same again.  The sad fact is that  it was a pretty awful for both sides.   I think my parents believed that  they could make her be heterosexual.  They certainly regretted this as the years past and they became more enlightened.    The notion that people are gay as some kind of lifestyle choice is not generally the case.  I certainly know that my sister went some pretty awful times and did not choose this. 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Woops ,, Ive mixed up " Homosexual " with the ever expanding " Heterosexual ".

My apologies to all those in that alphabet group, ( I just hav,nt spotted Hetroes in there ).

SO reverse out of here, and say  "there is too many of us Heterosexuals over - populating our world,

And 

We need more ' none producing  ' alphabet people.

Hope my little crazyness makes more sense now.

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Informative 1