The Taliban's draconian new rule

red750

The Taliban have banned shaving or trimming beards in Afghanistan's southern province of Helmand, saying it breaches Islamic law.

Local daily newspaper Etilaatroz reports the Taliban's religious police announced the decision during a meeting with barbershop owners on Sunday, and anyone caught violating the new rule will be punished.

Taliban officers have since posted a notice on the front of salons stating hairdressers must follow Sharia law for haircuts and beards.

"No one has a right to complain," the notice read, according to the BBC.

Read more here.

• 4 weeks later...

The Taliban are keeping to their true nutter style of rolling Afghanistan back into the dark ages. Now they're offering rewards to the families of suicide bombers.

I can't wait for the new Taliban Govt slogan - "Look forward to peace in Afghanistan under the Taliban".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-21/taliban-praise-suicide-bombers-offer-families-cash-and-land/100555664

14 minutes ago, onetrack said:

The Taliban are keeping to their true nutter style of rolling Afghanistan back into the dark ages. Now they're offering rewards to the families of suicide bombers.

I can't wait for the new Taliban Govt slogan - "Look forward to peace in Afghanistan under the Taliban".

It's hard for sane logical thinking people to accept the bizarre insanity of religious belief. Suicide bombers and all deranged nutters, so deluded they believe that by their actions they will enter heaven (jannah), have access to 70 virgins and have an ever lasting life. Problem is in islam there are 7 heavens and where you end up is according to how pious and devoted to yahweh you are.

• Informative 1

it's actually Worse than the dark ages. Since I gave up religion my brain works ok but if they all keep it up, atheists will be lonely. An atheist is perceived as the greatest threat to them. Not satisfied with me just going to Hell, the want to cut my Head off.. Seems a bit extreme and unfriendly Why would I think that's ok? Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 2