Got my Commercial Licence today!!

old man emu

I'm so excited! My commercial licence arrived in the mail today. Oh what a life changing thing it is to have one.

Local sorties from A to B, helping people get on with business, holidays, education, sport. Maybe some interstate trips with those overnight stays that the old timers talk about. International jaunts are out of the question. After all, a Bus can't float.

I'll have to practise my singing - "the wheels on the bus go roung and round ...."

What? No. its not an ATPL, it's Department of Transport Authority to Drive a bus. I've always said I can't fly. I'm an emu, after all.

OME

OME you want to get your self defence up to scratch too....been heaps of public bus drivers attacked up here as well....I don't know what is wrong with people now days..the latest was 2 women attacked by punching and bit and spit on a bus driver because they refused to pay the $2.50 fare...they got them on the video its been playing up here...they got them...about 40 I think these women were...I just don't understand what goes on nowadays.. Women that old you would think had some sense

Don't worry about bus drivers, there is a spate of people attacking police. They come off second best. I think 4 dead and 1 injured in the last couple of months. Funny how the media always make the headline, "Police shooting" Seems to me to be drug taking gone wrong, just hope they never get the commercial licence.

I don't have any problems with the shootings at all.......you want to attack a police officer with a knife or a samurai sword or a lump of pipe....then you know what will happen same as drug mules caught in Singapore or Malaysia they get the firing squad...I have no issue with that either...then we don't have to keep them in jail for $80,000 a year each. Sorry I am not a do-gooder I am a realist

And for those who think Police should only shoot to wound. Anyone who is trained in weapons knows and is taught from day 1, Aim at the centre of the seen mass and do not stop shooting until the threat ceases to exist. As for these wankers that feel they want to suicide via police then if you have to do it at least grow a pair and don't try and ruin someone elses life on your way out.

I'm so excited! My commercial licence arrived in the mail today. Oh what a life changing thing it is to have one.

Local sorties from A to B, helping people get on with business, holidays, education, sport. Maybe some interstate trips with those overnight stays that the old timers talk about. International jaunts are out of the question. After all, a Bus can't float.

I'll have to practise my singing - "the wheels on the bus go roung and round ...."

What? No. its not an ATPL, it's Department of Transport Authority to Drive a bus. I've always said I can't fly. I'm an emu, after all.

OME

What are your plans?

Or have you already got a dream job?

Mine flying scenic flights in a float plane....

Dream job? Taking a busload to recreational pilots from O'hare, Chicago to Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Stay there for a week around the end of July beginning of August, then continue on the Wichita, Kansas, then to Reno Nevada. Follow that up to Seattle Washington, and finally do Chino and Van Neys in California. All the time stopping wherever we see an air show advertised.

OME

If people think that its unfair for police to shoot a pleb wielding a knife, they should watch some of the numerous training videos which so how fast and how quickly somebody can cover ground with a knife and inflict damage.

Don't worry, if that tosser David Leyonhjelm had his way, they'd all be using guns instead.