My Next Bike...

Jerry_Atrick

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH]4255[/ATTACH]

I'm setting it out in my Will that my 42 WLA is to pass to the first-born male of each generation with the stipulation that the bike is kept in running order. I suppose that in 100 years, my descendant will be trying to figure out where to get petrol.

There will always be some kind of solvent you can use. The first Indian scouts become 100 next year. They actually produce the new model in September of the prior year so some were in New Zealand and here about that time (plus shipping time). Popular from day one and Harold Parsons broke MANY world records with ONE solo 24 hour ride near Maffra Victoria beating bikes twice it's capacity.There's a commorative Plaque there by the side of the road put there by the Maffra MCC which I had the pleasure of attending and participating in the first commemorative Harold Parsons run. on a 1913 Indian TT and my son rode an actual 20 model scout. Nev

Harold Parsons was many years before Munroe's era. The plaque near Maffra was originally in a Melbourne street and when he set the record(s) the bike was near new and in standard conditon whereas Munroe's bike was very highly modified..and used on salt lake conditions and Parsons did it on a public road .Nev

That's topical, OME. I'm in the middle of searching for such a device for my Jab engine. It needs to screw into a junction in the oil cooler line, which has what I believe is a 1/8" BSF (?) female thread.

(If an oil line blows or the oil cooler splits, the damage is done before I notice a change in the oil pressure needle; I need a warning light just like a car.)

I even had a new sender fail.Your model may also have the oil pump which doesn't pump at idle. The later ones are like that as they get too much oil in them otherwise. The way the crankcase is designed they will run for easily 10 miles on what oil is in there. Regardless I would check the actual situation with a gauge. . The pump is very reliable as long as the springs don't rust or the vanes jamb due sludge. The oil tank is very difficult to clean out properly. too but should be done periodically. Nev

So far I've checked everything physical to do with the pump and sender unit. I've even tried a new sender. This bike has its resident Gremlin, and at the moment it's playing with this system.

That's topical, OME. I'm in the middle of searching for such a device for my Jab engine. It needs to screw into a junction in the oil cooler line, which has what I believe is a 1/8" BSF (?) female thread.

You might have to bodgy up something for yourself. If the junction is a metal fitting, try getting another one and tapping a thread into it to accept a pressure switch.

There's really not any room or extra metal around the boss the sender is tapped into. If the wiring loom is suss or old (the same thing) rewire the whole bike. Looms with rubber insulation around the wires are only good for about 10 years. You can probably buy a new loom already made up with even the pigtails to the distributor that won't cost you the earth.. Nev

Agreed. Have done lots of wiring on my bikes over the years.

Old looms are a constant cause of frustration. Highly likely it has a corroded wire inside the covering. Gives off dodgy readings and needs to be replaced.

First try running a new wire from the sender to the gauge and see if that helps. If so replace your loom whilst your at it or that part at least.

Only ever use quality tinned wire.