Australian researchers cite #Fake news re: rising sea levels. ( Nonsense. .the science is 'Settled' now

Phil Perry

NO rain.In Spain.

Is there any-where, An automated dusting appliance for getting rid of the Red dust settling over Australia AND new-Zealand.

I could buy a Third world country maid, at a reasonable price ?.

spacesailor

You're just thinking of those short skirts again.

just to make your day phill looks like there is some explaining to do from BOM aust making the weather a few years ago cooler so as it is warmer now than years ago so as them lying climate experts are correct

should be good on the explanation how 30 years ago it got colder all of a sudden owing to new adjustments

oh sheeeet that's right spec savers wernt around neil

Hottest time ever in Darwin, but it was only noticed by the population when they got their electricity bills.

They had been using their air-conditioners a lot more, so they didn't feel the heat. Their first reaction was to blame the evil supply company, but this is actually the government in the NT and prices had not actually gone up much.

There was a great job going in Darwin last year... you went around to see people who had difficulty paying their power bills, and explained things to them like how leaving the airconditioner on all day when you were at work actually cost money, even if it did give you a nice cool house to come home to. Apparently this type of information was met with disbelief a lot of the time.

Electricity bill deniers? What a good idea say I.

"had not actually gone up much."

How Big a solar (standalone) system to power a 3kw AC for that 8 hours a day .?.

Just thinking about it for future reference,

AND were is the RAIN, as I need to "see my water diverters in action.[ATTACH]49914._xfImport[/ATTACH]

The New05 is to show I had to adapt it by cutting a bit of the top-down-pipe, to use as an insert,top d-pipe fits inside of bottom d-pipi, so doesn't fit the plastic diverter.

[ATTACH]49910._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49911._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49912._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49913._xfImport[/ATTACH]

closed.thumb.jpg.e9217bded6a332968b84abad1c2f9c33.jpg

open.thumb.jpg.7363b36ced88b99493399166975f0b9a.jpg

newy-hose2flowers03.thumb.jpg.7ea3096b463aa6736e615a236c10be7a.jpg

tapped04.thumb.jpg.dddea1f3b0d297ccea1842f4f191c68a.jpg

The-newy05.thumb.jpg.1294486334d29820c3b0be93481dfa94.jpg

Sorry for not being clear of what I asked for .

How many panels,

what physical size, on that roof of mine.

One day I Will measure the good sunny side of the roof, Or should I count the tiles.

Nomadpete, have you a battery back-up, or something different

The new panels are (seem) an odd size, Voltage wise.

Or is it me working that old 12/24/36, & 72, volts battery sizing,?

spacesailor

16x1200x1800 panels run aircon 10 hrs day plus fridge plus water cooler plus computer and last year paid no bills and ended up with 1500 bucks thinking of adding 4 more panels now that I have upgrade my inverter(las one 4.2klw died new one 5.2 and it was still under warranty

Space, Don't concern yourself with details of panel voltage. Presently panels are often around 70volts each, and wired in series to give around 400volts under load. This goes into the inverter, which produces 240 volts AC.

My system is grid connected. So, when the sun shines, it effectively supplies the air-conditioning, and I draw nothing from the mains.

However, I believe there are new inverters that support battery storage, and automatically switch to battery (giving 240v to the house) at night until it gets low, then switches back to mains (if necessary).

Nomadpete.

Thanks.

OOPs. THANKS TO ALL,

I thought that the new panels were a little OFF.

They could ( I think) be 72 volts, like the small fork-trucks batteries, I was offered a second hand 72volt battery for a grand, but as I've only three 80 watt 12 volt panels, I declined.

( The thought being cutting that battery into six, 12 volt, segments, ( Big AMP HOUR, with a 12 volt inverter)).

These batteries usually have at least one DEAD cell, so a little bit of the battery is useless, even so four banks of 12 volts is still heaps bigger than anything I could afford "Off the shelf".

All cost money, so I just play with powering a "fan, water fountain feature", and whatever small power tools I can get away with by Solar POWER.

spacesailor.

IT RAINED today I counted seventeen drops. LoL

I put my 2kw system in, in March 2013. There are 8 x 250W panels grid connected on a Net usage basis. Cost was a bit over $4000.00. That will now get you a 6kW system. As at 1/3/19 I have produced 19,138 kWH. If I had to buy that much now at the current peak rate of 31.7c/kWH the cost would be $6,066.75. Of the kWH produced I have consumed 9595 kWH and sold 9543 kWh at around 11.1c/kWH so have been credited $1,059.27. The system paid for itself in 4 years. My electricity bills are around $200.00 each quarter.

If I was going to do it now I'd put in a 6kW system & a 10kWH battery or put in the system & wait a bit as batteries are reducing in cost & getting bigger all the time.

I have a 7.5 kW air conditioner that consumes a maximum of 2kW of electricity. In the hot weather I turned it on early and it usually ran on lowered consumption of 800W or less being an inverter so the aircon, fridge, freezer radio etc cost nothing to run during the day.