Its times like this parenting is fun..

Jerry_Atrick

Parenting is certainly a trying pastime at times, but this text from my partner makes it pretty worthwhile...

"Your daughter has this morning put on an excellent performance in front of Sir Tim Rice! Not many people can say that.... "

Other stuff came after that..and this is nothing than having a boast.... Was a school play...

Can't wait to see it on Friday!

I saw the play (a musical) on Friday - All of the main characters were really good and I was proud as punch of my little-un. She had thoroughly enjoyed it and it showed. I had talked the missus into letting me by a new go pro on the basis it took great low-light video, but alas, it as scuppered at the last minute thanks to the school getting a pro photographer to do the work - so ordered 3 copies of the DVD...

That's modern life Jerry. Either someone making a buck out of it, or it's not permitted. Many sports etc. now ban photos, let alone videos. No creating memories for them to show their own kids in the future. You might be a pedophile, or other parents don't want their kids photographed, because so many of these photos end up on social media.

I hear you, @red750. But in this case, I don'tmind because the photographer would have done a much better job than me and it is a memory worth the best preserving. Thinking about it, though.. What difference does it make if a pro photographer or I took the shots.. I could still put the thing up on social meda, etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...