Only in America

willedoo

This is an unusual response to the hurricane. Let's just shoot it.

'A Florida sheriff has pleaded with citizens not to shoot at Hurricane Irma, saying they “won’t turn it around”. The Pasco County Sheriff's Office warned that shooting weapons at the most dangerous Atlantic hurricane to hit the US since records began “will have very dangerous side effects”. As many as 53,000 people said they were interested in a Facebook event called “Shoot At Hurricane Irma”, and 25,000 people said they would participate on Saturday evening.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/irma-live-hurricane-path-track-tracker-map-latest-updates-florida-tracker-death-toll-caribbean-a7938696.html

• 6 years later...
Posted (edited)

Doesn't sound like they are killing them for food...

The ranch is satisfying a demand.. makes you wonder about anyone that gets pleasure of killing purely for fun. And while it is hosted in Texas, it seems like Aussies are willing to pay a lot to do it.. so is it disgusting from the US or Australia?

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

46 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

so is it disgusting from the US or Australia?

Both. It's just like those gun happy Yanks on safari in Africa, photographed with a dead lion, or giraffe. Eric and Don Jr. come to mind.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Same set up in New Zealand. 

No road into the safari park , & only Very rich can hunt there.

Entrance by helicopter only .

I seem to remember,  owned by Americans , but such a long time ago .

Near Toupo , were those Aussie soldiers came to grief,  in the freezing weather  .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor

If they kill an animal for food, that's not so bad. After all, we are top of the food chain - supposedly. Lots of country folk do it, particularly in America, killing deer for venison. But killing just for the fun of it, or to put an eight pointer trophy head on the wall, is sick.  But I can't see anyone eating lion or giraffe.

• Agree 2

I've had a Tiger in my tank in the past. If all the kangaroo lovers would get in a shallow creek with a big one they'd see they are as Dangerous as many other feared animals. SKIPPY, the Bush kangaroo is responsible for this Pet animal concept. They can tear your guts out or drown you that easy and they get in plague proportions then starve. Not a nice way to die.   Nev

The solution is a Beretta .223 into the head.

My cousin is a licenced kangaroo culler for meat and skins.

Head shot everytime , instant and no cruelty.

Not a Rambo with a gun but a professional who hates animals to suffer. 

• Like 2

I remember back in the 80's seeing the biggest wallaroo I've seen in my entire life. In fact he was the biggest hopper I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of big reds. He was built bigger than any NRL front row forward I've ever seen and his chest was massive. He was standing upright and in height would probably only just fit under an average house doorway. That was near Surat.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Litespeed said:

The solution is a Beretta .223 into the head.

My cousin is a licenced kangaroo culler for meat and skins.

Head shot everytime , instant and no cruelty.

Not a Rambo with a gun but a professional who hates animals to suffer. 

My brother does the same, makes an ok living from it.

2 hours ago, ClintonB said:

My brother does the same, makes an ok living from it.

Not a bad living, if you like been up at night in the middle of nowhere, and have a mobile butcher room/cooler. It's a hard life for hard men or women. 

The moneys ok, not as good as shearing but far better on the body. He has always sheared or shot, so a remote lifestyle and very hard on family members - your rarely home.

He is based in Hay, where Roos are steroid injected killing machines and drivers are bloody nervous.  I have been with him in his big wild boar hunting days - he will still use a compound bow for stealth. If you shoot and not kill it or it hears the missed round, it can attack, given the chance a wild boar will make sure it kills you and will then eat you for dessert. At 250kg plus they are tanks with tusks. They are f..kin scary and charge. One night he shot a big boar but only glanced his skull, the bugger charged the little LJ 55 Suzuki side door and rolled us, caved the door in completely. Scary shit. 

On the subject of work tools, he absolutely loves his Beretta .223 a hand made precision Italian masterpiece- oldest gun maker in the world. He treats it like a violin master would a Stradivarius. When it's your profession, you use the best and have pride in your work.

If we ever get invaded as a sniper, my cousin Lyle has it covered. Bloody glad he is on our side. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Feral pigs are becoming a major problem now following the couple of good weather years. I'm not sure if feral pigs are hunter/killers of livestock, but no doubt they would eat carrion. The biggest problem seems to be the economic damage they do to fences and water supply stuff like troughs. They also have disastrous effects on creek banks and dam edges.

The problem for eradication is that because of city folk stupidity in the past, property owners will not allow shooters onto their places to hunt pigs. I suppose that ogre of public liability must come into it. If you let someone onto your property to hunt, and the person gets done over by a boar, would the property owner be liable?